Front Runner Wolf Packs

coolfeet

Mark Keeler
Front Runner had a Black Friday blow-out deal on Wolf Packs for $35 each and free shipping. I hit my pain threshold from carrying flimsy budget plastic storage containers. Seems like every summer, the sciatic nerve in my back flares up in raging pain from carrying the long black Sterilite containers incorrectly. I get 2-5 years of dismal use out of my plastic storage boxes. I have yet to get excited about any of the dozens I have owned. Most are doomed to die and end up in the trash heap next to broken Big Box $6 folding camp chairs. I spend $10 for every stupid dollar spent on cheap junk.

frontRunnerWolfPacks.jpg

I ordered 6 Wolf Packs and I am thinking of getting 2 more. The lids are wimpy. I was hoping for stiff and strong plastic to use as temporary step ladder for getting at the cargo box on my roof. The latches feel as if they are going to give out. No big deal. I have a telescoping ladder. If the latches break, these boxes nest together so well, that it really does not matter. I store everything inside the van. The vent holes can be plugged if you are concerned about horizontal torrential rain coming in.

I wrote a Front Runner Wolf Pack Product review on my my blog, CampwardBound.com.

If anyone is tired of temporary storage systems, get the Wolf Packs. You will not be disappointment. The corners are straight and tight. No weird design on the inside wasting precious real estate space. I pack as much inside a Wolf Pack as I do in 30% larger el cheapo storage boxes.

I doubt that I will ever break a box. Stolen is more likely. Leave these out in crowded National Park Campground and say goodbye to the box and everything inside.

Wolf Packs in the back of Van

To be fair, I have 6 56 quart Sterilite storage boxes and they have done well for the past 3 years despite my complaints. They are a little too long and the corners are not nice and tight. I will throw the Sterilite boxes in my other camping van

frontRunner wolf packs in back of van.jpg

Stacked Wolf Packs

front runner wolf packs in living room stacked.jpg

Stacked Wolf Packs Next To Sterilite 56 quart storage boxes.

front runner wolf packs in living room stacked next to sterilite.jpg

Wolf Packs With Food

front runner wolf packs with food.jpg

Wolf Packs With Equipment

front runner wolf packs with equipment.jpg

Last edited:

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I doubt that I will ever break a box.

I bought six or eight of them a few years ago on a sale and several arrived broken. Drop one and it will break. Look at it funny and it may only crack.

coolfeet

Mark Keeler
I doubt that I will ever break a box.

I bought six or eight of them a few years ago on a sale and several arrived broken. Drop one and it will break. Look at it funny and it may only crack.
Really? Broke! Doomed to die like the Wally World budget containers?

I’ve dropped them numerous times and no problema. Just my experience. The plastic latches have torn up my fingers, though. I prefer the slightly smaller Cub Packs if you need the solid sides. My favorite are their “flat pack” soft boxes...they also fit inside your Wolf Pack.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Really? Broke! Doomed to die like the Wally World budget containers?

Mine are the same as the one marked "utensils" in the pic above. The bottom corners are pretty fragile, and that's where mine have broken. They load and stack more efficiently than most other plastic boxes, but I'm not sure they will last any longer. The Wolf boxes look like a knock-off of the old South African military ammo crates. I have one of the brown ammo crates from about 25 years ago and it seems to be tougher than the Wolf boxes.

luckyjoe

Adventurer
I've had four Wolf Packs for close to six years now, and have not experienced any problems. The plastic has held up fine, even when exposed to a Boy Scout Troop for two years. I have a complete set of metal latches, but never installed them cause all the original plastic latches still work fine. Only change I made was to get two tall lids to expand the internal storage height.

emulous74

I bought three of them during their black friday sale along with three high lids and the steel latches, they came in yesterday. The quality is not beyond their price, what is nice about them is their design and being as strong as they are for their price. You would have to pay a lot more for better quality that has their good design of stackability, size, weight and accessories. Do I think they will last me a lifetime, no, but I do think they are good for what they are for the price they are.

coolfeet

Mark Keeler
4 more arrived last night. They stack better any other storage box I have owned. They pack better. Time will tell if they last longer.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I did not buy the 'Wolf' packs but rather got the 'Cub' packs as those fit into the FR shelf/drawer better. I don't stack my packs as some do but put them into the drawers so to leave the top of the system for sleeping. I guess if the stacking situation works better the 'Wolf' packs are the way to go as they hold more.
Having the packs in the drawer does keep they safer than just stacking and removing them.

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
4 more arrived last night. They stack better any other storage box I have owned. They pack better. Time will tell if they last longer.
How have these held up? Does anyone have any updated reviews on these in terms of long term reliability?

Also, does anyone have a source on these with free shipping?

bluejeep

just a guy
I have 4 wolf boxes and they work as you say - great. Love the straight sides and tight corners, I got the high lids and metal clips. Lined up end to end I used to set my air mattress on top and they made a great sleep surface inside the jeep without having to unpack everything.

acd

Most of my latches broke pretty quickly, the ones that are still there sting my fingers. I also find the wolf size is either too big or two small; I’m sure that’s the case with any container. They’re still great containers but a bit overpriced for something that isn’t waterproof in my opinion.

Wrathchild

I concur that they’re nice compared to most other containers. The lids and latches leave a lot to be desired. But as far as a standardized, stackable solution they’re tough to beat.

yeos

Observer
Has anyone used both the wolf and cub packs and have a preference for one or the other? I'm building a sleeping platform and it will be able to fit either two wolf packs or four Cub packs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94