Front runner interior rack

jktowhere

Observer
Does anyone know if the front runner rack would would if you have the rhino back bone system? They not mount at the same points and not sure if that's a option or making a different mount is worth it.

Long Rifle

Observer
I can not answer your question-but will caution you that the rack will rattle like crazy when empty. Despite this obvious flaw, I did decide to keep mine. As long as you have some weight on it, it will be pretty quiet even off road.

blackhawkip

Observer
I ran into the same issue with the interior rack. I switched out the bolts with hex head bolts and nyloc nuts. I also took a bicycle inner tube and put it under the rack shelves on the ends. Significantly reduced the rattles. It is now quiet with the exception of an occasional rattle here and there. I love the rack and have the JK slide as well. Extremely well made and like the clean/factory look.

I can not answer your question-but will caution you that the rack will rattle like crazy when empty. Despite this obvious flaw, I did decide to keep mine. As long as you have some weight on it, it will be pretty quiet even off road.

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 26

Long Rifle

Observer
Blackhawkip-thanks for the tip. I actually have the hex head bolts and nyloc nuts but haven't tried that yet. They should be shipped that way because installation is easy until you get to that final step of putting bottom plates in. I agree that the quality and utility of the rack is top notch and for me the height was what I was looking for for storage of gear underneath the shelf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior