Front Runner Featherlite

Box Rocket

Don't have one but have a little experience with one. For a lightweight 2-person tent it's a decent little tent. Comfort is very subjective but the mattress is comparable to most other RTT mattresses. The frame and base, as well as the ladder is a bit "lighter duty" than other options, and the materials are also lighter weight. But I believe that was the goal for these so not necessarily a bad thing as long as expectations are appropriate. My opinion is if you plan to use it a few nights a month in generally good conditions it should work fine. Depending on your size, it should fit two people well with minimal room left over for gear.
For another lightweight option you might look at the Tepui Baja Series, which has interchangeable canopies.

nimrag

I've had one for about a year and I like it. It's the only RTT that I have had and I have only looked at a couple other, but not to close, so nothing to compare it to. I would say it would be fine for 2 people, I've only used it by myself. The mattress is ok, but I use a thin air mattress on top of it, would makes it mote comfortable. The build quality is pretty good, I haven't come across anything that I've seen that should have been done differently.

One of the nights over the summer, it poured all night long. I felt a couple of drops through the rain fly, but was impressed with the ventilation. The rain fly sits about 3-4" above the tent. The tent has a mesh panel at the top, so with the other panels closed, it still breaths well.

yaya

I had one as well and think that for the price, you end up getting a decent RTT. What I liked most about it was its compact size and weight. What I didn't like was the cover. The zipper was a pain and when temperatures dropped (40s) the cover would stiffen up and become very difficult to close the zipper etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calmont

We bought one last spring and used it throughout the summer. I don't have anything to compare it to, but worked great for us. The mattress was fine for us and the size was quite comfortable for 2 adults, and probably and small child, if you wanted to. We managed to stay dry through a couple rainy days on Cape Cod, so that was a good test.

The major selling points were the weight and the compact size allowed us to squeak in to our garage with it attached to our 80 series Land Cruiser. It is light enough to install with one person.

I agree with the above poster that the cover is a tight fit, especially if you leave any bedding in while folded. It can be done with planning and it got better as I learned how where to leave the bedding.IMG_1667.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior