Front Locker Options for 2016 RAM 2500?

Jenzz

Hi,
I wonder which options I have to switch my open front diff to a locker. I know there is ARB, but I have two ARBs in my Land Rover, and they keep having Air issues.
I would prefer an Eaton e-Locker, but as far as I see, they are not available for the front axle. Is that correct?
What about Ox-Locker?
Worst case I would go for a True Trac, but I definitely would favour a 100% locker option.

Jenzz

Well thanks for the answer, now I understand what a differential does... ?
My question is simply: what companies offer lockers for a Gen4 RAM 2500 front axle (AAM 9.25 that is).

-ARB RD197
-Eaton TrueTrac 914A643
-Eaton E-Locker - discontinued (?)
-lockers from the PW
anything else?

nater

Adventurer
What gears do you have now? If you are already 4.10, a pw axle from a yard will be a quick swap. And for the poster above, I've never heard of a pw snapping an axle under anything like normal or even tough situations... they are pretty beefy.

Jenzz

Yes, factory option 4.10 gears, AEV Dual Sport suspension with 37inch tires. Truck is located in germany.
Buying a complete second hand PW front axle will mean shipping via an import service. Possible, but not cheap. I also wonder about the Articulink trailing arms and the general effort to do this swap. Quick research found contradicting information.
There is a PW diff sold on ebay if I remember right.
On the other hand, the ARB can be ordered locally, would cost me roughly the same like if I import one myself. Easy solution, I just need to live with the flaws.
Still, an e-locker is my favourite, did they ever sell them and discontinue the model, or have they never been available?

nater

Adventurer
Yes, factory option 4.10 gears, AEV Dual Sport suspension with 37inch tires. Truck is located in germany.
Buying a complete second hand PW front axle will mean shipping via an import service. Possible, but not cheap. I also wonder about the Articulink trailing arms and the general effort to do this swap. Quick research found contradicting information.
There is a PW diff sold on ebay if I remember right.
On the other hand, the ARB can be ordered locally, would cost me roughly the same like if I import one myself. Easy solution, I just need to live with the flaws.
Still, an e-locker is my favourite, did they ever sell them and discontinue the model, or have they never been available?

Don't know about the elocker, but the arm swap will be bolt on and easy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz