Front diff seal/ Transfer case

meafordmike

Adventurer
I have posted nthis on a few sites but just wanted a few more options.

So I am lifted about 2" (Radflo coilovers and Camburg UCA's). I have be lifted for 6 months with new 265 75 16 BFG's AT Ko's, about 3 weeks ago I put the stock sport Dunlop’s back on for a upcoming trip out east.
When I changed my tires back to stock I started to notice a growl coming from the front end.
At first I thought it was just my normal drive shaft vibe (Dakar’s in rear).
But today I check and my front diff is wet with oil and lots of play in driver side axle.
Five Questions:
1:Whats the problem?
2: Is the normally covered under the 60000mile/ 100000Km warranty if it wasn't lifted?
3: how much for me to pay Toyota to do?
4:Can I do this myself?
5: Is there any offroad friendly Toyota dealers in Ontario Canada?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks Mike

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

Update Sept 21 2010.
So I got under the truck to check level of diff, it was fine. I bought a new suck gun for this and once I opened up the fill plug fluid started coming out, and then the new suck gun tube was too big to fit in the hole. So 75 90 all over me and the driveway, finally put some in and closed it up.

Today I got into Toyota, They confirmed the diff axle seal (or whatever it’s called) on the driver’s side was leaking. But that Toyota Canada would not cover this (edit: they have to call head office but said they were 99% sure it’s not covered) as I have a lift, I was pissed! They did tell me my Transfer case was gone and they would replace under warranty . Now I had no problems with my transfer case so I am not sure if they were trying to throw me a bone for not covering the seal.
I am not sure if I will get Toyota to replace the seal when I am in for the Transfer case or do it myself, I wish there was a "how to" tread on this (Chris 4x4?) or if I will leave it for a while and replace when it gets worse.
Do you think it’s a good idea to get the diff drop now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz