From TN to Canada: Chasing Fall Colors (Pic Heavy)

ljrunner05

Adventurer
Nice trip report. We did the UP a few years back when we drove right around Superior. I recognized many of the Algonquin Park trail photos. I only live about 2 hours from the park and get up there a couple of times every year. I've likely hiked every trail at least 5 times, some even more, over the last 25 years! My friend has a small campground just outside the park I typically stay at for free but I do like to get a site in the park at Canisbay when I bring my canoe.

Thanks Colin! That was our first time there. It was incredible! We will definitely be back, but with a canoe next time. Sadly my wife and I watched a young asian family flip a canoe just outside of the dock this time, and she backed out of the rental. lol

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Thanks Colin! That was our first time there. It was incredible! We will definitely be back, but with a canoe next time. Sadly my wife and I watched a young asian family flip a canoe just outside of the dock this time, and she backed out of the rental. lol
Yeah, I had to explain to a couple one time that they should get out face the opposite way and try paddling again as they were trying to paddle the canoe backwards. :)

ljrunner05

Adventurer
Yeah, I had to explain to a couple one time that they should get out face the opposite way and try paddling again as they were trying to paddle the canoe backwards. :)
Oh no! Well hopefully they got it figured out. We were in the restaurant eating soup and watching when they flipped. The waitress saw it, just shook her head and went to get some hot coffee to warm them. Apparently it's a nearly daily occurrence.

ljrunner05

Adventurer
Nice report! Subscribed to your channel. Looking forward to watching the series from your trip.
Thanks Stumper! Let me know what you think. We are hoping to do biweekly videos this year, so if there is any specific you want to see let me know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier