From Freightliner ambulance to RV - we hope!

patoz

Expedition Leader
Here are a couple of other solutions, but they are pretty cheap quality.

1524510103623.png

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-42005-...id=1524509893&sr=8-1&keywords=RV+door+rollers

1524510212352.png

https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-...id=1524509893&sr=8-2&keywords=RV+door+rollers

I don't really like either one of these, but if I had to choose I would probably go with the top one because there is no metal on it to rust. It's also the least noticeable, but I don't want to have to drill into the outer skin of my door. I'm looking for something that can be mounted to the edge of the door if possible, and removed when it's not needed.

Last edited:

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
The second water tank arrived, so it gives me a chance to see how the fit together. Product descriptions are all good, but you never know if they're measuring the tank with or without fitting protrusions... or if they hold the tape left-handed or right-handed. I thought these would be close enough to work and, thankfully, they are. Between them, we'll have about 60 gallons there. One big tank with baffles would have been nice, but finding two stock tanks made it a much more affordable endeavor. And, it's worth it to nestle the second smaller tank in there and maximize the potential capacity, knowing we can leave it empty if needed.

IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0939 copy.JPG

patoz

Expedition Leader
Having two tanks also gives you redundancy in case one of the tanks develops a leak of some sort, while out in the wilderness.

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
That's a lot of water!
Yup! Living in the desert makes one appreciate such things. :)

Having two tanks also gives you redundancy in case one of the tanks develops a leak of some sort, while out in the wilderness.
Exactly my thought, too. We'll not bother with a gauge on the main tank and the smaller one will be a spare/reserve. Plus, there's a 10-gallon tank inside as well. So... related to Java's observation... water's one thing we don't want to run out of.

java

Expedition Leader
Damn, I have 30 gallons, and we rarely fill it all the way! We do carry separate drinking water tho. Generally 5 gallons.

FWIW I wish I had a gauge!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Yup! Living in the desert makes one appreciate such things. :)

Exactly my thought, too. We'll not bother with a gauge on the main tank and the smaller one will be a spare/reserve. Plus, there's a 10-gallon tank inside as well. So... related to Java's observation... water's one thing we don't want to run out of.
Must be something about living in Arizona. I just installed my water tanks and could only get 70 gallons in there. In my experience water is what sends us to town first. No one says you have to fill it up.

Art4med

@ozrockat Any idea where you got those rollers?
*Where does one find a decent tank? Wish I could have a stainless one built, but $$

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
@ozrockat Any idea where you got those rollers?
*Where does one find a decent tank? Wish I could have a stainless one built, but $$

Try searching for stainless ball transfer rollers.

For a custom tank consider teaching yourself how to plastic weld (then come and teach me )

Art4med

Thanks, you two— will look at McM. The cam-riding wheel on a discarded valve lifter would work, but it’d be GeorgiaClay red in a few days. ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94