Fridgefreezer mounting?

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
So I was futzing around on government liquidation yesterday and saw this was being auctioned.
e4c2cd825444c952a20641ef61a37e76.jpg

I didn't know the brand (fridgefreezer) but took a risk as it looks new/unused. And the military tends to buy the most expensive.
So lucky me I found out this morning I won! Be heading up next week to pick it up
Does anyone here have one of these and do you have any ideas for mounting it? I'm thinking some sort of slider. Maybe I can just use handle straps or maybe there is a more permanent way? Anyone? ? Thoughts. :)

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
So I was futzing around on government liquidation yesterday and saw this was being auctioned.
e4c2cd825444c952a20641ef61a37e76.jpg

I didn't know the brand (fridgefreezer) but took a risk as it looks new/unused. And the military tends to buy the most expensive.
So lucky me I found out this morning I won! Be heading up next week to pick it up
Does anyone here have one of these and do you have any ideas for mounting it? I'm thinking some sort of slider. Maybe I can just use handle straps or maybe there is a more permanent way? Anyone? ? Thoughts. :)

If the legs are unscrewable you may be able to put bolts in to those holes instead of the legs. There are also plenty of DIY slides and boxes on here that you may want to check out.

moabian

I had a large FridgeFreeze in the back of my Tundra for years. They are the best, in my opinion...but also very expensive. I paid around $2000 for mine. I now have a similar capacity ARB in the Jeep, mainly because of the ARB's smaller external dimensions and lower weight. It's not nearly as heavy-duty as the FridgeFreeze. The handles on the FridgeFreeze are bombproof. I used them to tie the unit down. When I bought mine, all of the units were called FridgeFreeze. Now only the higher-spec medical freezers are called FridgeFreeze, and the recreational units are called SportFridge.

Dan4self

Congrats on the buy. I was tracking it too. Goes without saying but give it a good cleaning. Military use them for plasma and commercially they are for drugs and vaccines.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Congrats on the buy. I was tracking it too. Goes without saying but give it a good cleaning. Military use them for plasma and commercially they are for drugs and vaccines.
Rgr that. This one actually looks brand new, never used but it'll still get a good cleaning.
I remember when I got my monster fridge from Rover trader it was a mil plasma unit and it was still packed in the box. Guess this is just our taxes buying stuff that isn't as needed as originally thought.
The other things I got off government liquidation have been hit or miss. Sometimes brand new, sometimes well used. Ya just never know. But usually worth a bid if it's something you can use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94