Fridge Straps?

blacklbzbeauty

Tembo Tusk makes Buffalo Straps . Specifically for securing fridges.

^^^^^^
Have used these as well on TT slide and Nat Luna 60. Solid as a rock. Have never had to re-tighten during a trip.

Bumping this one up to get some better ideas of how to secure mine to the Alu-Cab tilting slide. I purchased one off of a member here on the forums but unfortunately it did not include the provided strap had I ordered new.

The tray has a slit on either end that allows the strap to pass through and ultimately under the tray. I'm having a hard time envisioning how this works exactly. My cooler has similar slits that would allow for a strap to pass through, but what does it secure to?

1628607702874.png

MiamiC70

I know just about any type of strap will do and for the past two years I've just been using para-cord to tie down the one in the back of the Jeep. However, we recently got an off road trailer that has a fridge slider in it and I was wondering if anyone had found a setup that they really liked.. or disliked? If it matters, I have Dometic fridges.

These are solid, cam locks up tight and releases easily plus the extra width helps spread tensi across handles bit better.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I know there are lots of straps available, cam lock straps were my first choice, but I wanted a more permanent setup for the ARB fridge as it was only going to be in one vehicle. I had thought a long time about straps and even about a slide setup. That did not work with the plan of creating a sleeping platform in the back.
I removed the rubber 'feet' from the bottom and used the bolts to screw an 1 1/2 inch aluminum 'C' channel to the bottom and then used the bolts from the center second row LR seat to fasten the fridge to the floor. It has not moved in 5 years and the 'C' channel lift leaves plenty of room under the fridge to slide a pan under it in the event there is liquid in the bottom of the fridge that needs to be drained. This arrangement allows the access to the fridge from either rear passenger doors or the front seats to access a cold drink while traveling and not having to stop, perhaps in the rain, for getting to the fridge from the rear door.

pluton

Adventurer
I bought Trekboxx straps. They use toothless buckles that are IMO superior to regular 'cam buckles' that feature the sharpened metal teeth that slowly destroy the webbing. If you order from Trekboxx, ask for longer than normal straps. I got normal length, and ended up having to replace the webbing with longer pieces.
You can also order the toothless buckles alone and assemble/sew your own straps.toothless buckles.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Bumping this one up to get some better ideas of how to secure mine to the Alu-Cab tilting slide. I purchased one off of a member here on the forums but unfortunately it did not include the provided strap had I ordered new.

The tray has a slit on either end that allows the strap to pass through and ultimately under the tray. I'm having a hard time envisioning how this works exactly. My cooler has similar slits that would allow for a strap to pass through, but what does it secure to?

View attachment 675795

The strap makes a loop back to itself. If you are buying straps at a big box, they probably have hooks and the ratchet is on the short end. You can get them with a ratchet on the long end, or you can hook the loops to each other, or sew or tie them as needed. Best is get a strap with a long end in the ratchet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne