Fridge Slide Install on top of Decked Drawer System

Charbapolis

I bought an Easy Slide 220 plus for my Dometic 75DZW. I have a Decked drawer system in my Tacoma DCSB and was wondering if anyone had experience with installing the slide far over to one side so it is covering the small cubby compartment in the Decked system? The Easy Slide is 27" wide and if you try to avoid being over the cubby, the fridge is basically in the middle of the bed. Not convenient. We have an AT Habitat that we access through the bed and I am looking to keep as much space as possible in the middle. Thanks in advance for any help.

emulous74

It can be done, but because of the weight the slide will be holding, you want to make sure you mount it into the metal frame underneath the top of the decked system. On my Colorado, the decked system only has plastic on the overhangs around the "ammo" boxes. Depending on how your slide is configured to mount, you could still off set the mounting locations to mount through metal, while still having it over the "ammo" boxes. I would still mount it through the plastic as an extra precaution.

adaml

I have the same fridge but used the Dometic slide to mount it in the back of my truck. I got the rails they supply and then just drilled some holes in the slide to allow me to bolt the slide to the rails using T-nuts. It does block the ammo can on that side but I never really use it. I also did have to cut and add a piece of angle iron to the back of the slide as it would actually flex when the fridge was out all the way.

Nice job with the Easy Slide. Do you mind sharing where you got it and for how much? Using the regular Dometic slide, I can't fully open the rear lid of the DZ fridge. I've been looking at tilt slides to replace it with.

jupp0r

Reviving this thread. In case anybody wants to install their slide, I found this blog post from Decked about installing van shelves helpful:

They basically recommend drilling into the lateral steel tubes (red) but not to drill into the C-channels for the drawers (blue).1629063960926.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier