Fridge size for Jeep JKU?

Vanhalo

So I just found out that Dometic makes the Weaco and the ARB fridge.

TheDriver

Observer
FYI: As much as I love my Engel it appears that Snomaster may be walking away with this test series - worth watching if you are shopping! I'm looking forward to the final episodes and raw data...

Vanhalo

The Dometic 40 has 55mm of insulation vs. the ARB's 40mm.
How important is the difference in insulation thickness?

JB30

Domestic 35 here. Perfect for 2 people for weekends or longer trips if you don’t ram it completely full of beer ;)

Chili

Explorer
I have the 65DZ and it sits behind the drivers seat. That said, I have the rear sear removed and a platform making the floor flat. It does not fit there with the 60% seat in, but not an issue for me. I rarely have a third passenger, though I do intend to put a 'front' seat in the passenger rear, as that will give the room I need for the fridge, and will be more comfortable for the third passenger.. It was perfect for 6 days in Moab for two, freezer used mostly just for drink ice.

Vanhalo

Snomaster CL56D 28.1496 x 17.7165 x 20.6693
It looks like it will hit the locking mechanism of the tailgate on the driver's side but not on the a passenger side.
However Jeeps lean towards the gas tank so I am not to keen on adding more weight to the passenger side.
But you are correct I do not know for sure.

rubicon91

Explorer
Snomaster CL56D 28.1496 x 17.7165 x 20.6693
It looks like it will hit the locking mechanism of the tailgate on the driver's side but not on the a passenger side.
However Jeeps lean towards the gas tank so I am not to keen on adding more weight to the passenger side.
But you are correct I do not know for sure.
Are you also taking into account the angle of the rear seat my 50 qt fits just perfect on drives side with how the rear seat is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Vanhalo

Are you also taking into account the angle of the rear seat my 50 qt fits just perfect on drives side with how the rear seat is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yes. I measured from the angle of the seat @ 20" high to tailgate latch and middle edge.

It looks like have almost 30" in the middle of the cargo area (backseat to tailgate). The tailgate latch side (drivers side) is 28" so I know it wont fit on the drivers side.

Not sure if these are accurate dimensions but they seem close.

Screenshot-at-2019-05-12-17-14-23.png

Last edited:

Vanhalo

I put a 1" board perpendicular to the rear cargo area floor. I stood it up against the angle of the back seat (centered in the middle).
It measured 28" to the end of my Jeep mud mat. Add 1 inch for board thickness.
29"

Vanhalo

The ARB 50 is 20x15x27.8
That sounds about right for a perfect fit on the drivers side.
The latch mechanism eats into the available space on the drivers side.

Vanhalo

One thing I didn't consider was i will be eliminating a place to store my Freedom Tops with any fridge that is not installed sideways.
I like taking my Freedom Tops off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior