Fridge Power Draw

67cj5

Man On a Mission
My ARB 47L/50Qt will use around 0.46 to 0.7Ah over a 24 hour period and my ARB 78L/82Qt will use about 0.5 to 0.8Ah per hour over 24 hours set at 2*c/ 35.6*f running in Fridge mode,

Using them as a freezer can ramp up the power draw a bit to around 25 to 38Ah per 24 hours depending on the Temp setting from -12*c down to -18*c. As a rule I set mine to -12*c for general use and the only time you need to run them down to -18*c is when you want to freeze meat quickly or if you have Ice cream in there, Ice Cream has stuff in it that causes it to start melting if the fridge temp is warmer than -15*c or 5*f.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
My ARB 47L/50Qt will use around 0.46 to 0.7Ah over a 24 hour period and my ARB 78L/82Qt will use about 0.5 to 0.8Ah per hour over 24 hours set at 2*c/ 35.6*f running in Fridge mode,

Using them as a freezer can ramp up the power draw a bit to around 25 to 38Ah per 24 hours depending on the Temp setting from -12*c down to -18*c. As a rule I set mine to -12*c for general use and the only time you need to run them down to -18*c is when you want to freeze meat quickly or if you have Ice cream in there, Ice Cream has stuff in it that causes it to start melting if the fridge temp is warmer than -15*c or 5*f.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I typically load the fridge beforehand, plug it it and let it run overnight before a trip. This is a huge help in my experience.

As with any fridge, try to open it as little as possible, don't drop in hot leftovers, keep it out of the sun and give it access to a fresh airflow. If you keep it in a closed up camper or bed it will constantly fight itself to keep things cool and drain your battery quickly.

And as you said you defently have too keep it -10* to -15* below freezing on the settings if you want to keep anything frozen. These fridges are not very even on temps. 20210604_172214.jpg20210604_172113.jpg

Although this is much less of a worry after today, solar up an running:

zoom17

Zoom
I may go again conventional wisdom. I’ve been running an ARB fridge in two different vehicles and have camped for days straight without any issues. I connect my solar panels to my battery, and move my panels around to face the sun as much as possible. It usually does the job. Cloudy crappy days I may need to start my truck for awhile, but those days are generally few and far between. This works for me, just empirical evidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94