Friday adventure, Feb. 24

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
I have Friday, Feb. 24 available for a day trip near Tucson or Florence. Anybody game for something?

Jeff

jeffryscott

wish I could on Sat.

Wish I could do the Saturday, I have to work that day. It is an odd day for a trip, but my wife is off that day, I'm off that day and we have no plans ....

I'm hoping somebody else has just as odd a schedule and might be able to hook up.

Jeff

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I get out of school at 10:00 Fridays....I could do something local. It has been awhile since I did something like....say....forest route 4405? (loops down Tanque Verde canyon from below Chiva falls, to the west, wraps around the back side of the hill, and comes back in just above Chiva).

The only condition is that I will have to get the jeep shocks taken care of (parts on order) before then.

jeffryscott

goodtimes said:
I get out of school at 10:00 Fridays....I could do something local. It has been awhile since I did something like....say....forest route 4405? (loops down Tanque Verde canyon from below Chiva falls, to the west, wraps around the back side of the hill, and comes back in just above Chiva).

The only condition is that I will have to get the jeep shocks taken care of (parts on order) before then.

I've been wanting to do that trail for a while. I'd be game.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Ursidae69 said:
You have not fixed the Heep yet?

That Chiva Trail is nice.

I put a new set of shocks on it, but contrary to what I have been told (by multiple, unrelated sources), these particular shocks DO NOT work when mounted upside down.....sooooooo.....I ordered a new set of brackets, and will move the shocks outboard a few inches (eliminating the bar pins and turning the bushings 90* at the same time.

I also think I need to replace my tires....they simply will not balance. I am starting to suspect one or more of them are out of round. I'm not happy about that since they run about $200 each, and still have about 25% tread left (well.....25% if you don't count the big chuncks that are missing from almost all of the tread blocks...).

jeffryscott

Brian, I live near the UA, so if you want to meet up on the 24th we could meet someplace close, or my house, and head to the hills. Give me a pm and we can make a plan.

Talk to you soon,

Jeff

(on a side note, I bought some steel for a bumper or two, haven't had a minute to go beyond that though)

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Jeff, sounds good. I have a stupid-busy week at UA this week, and lots going on at work so I don't have time for the projects at school anyway...making things just crazy this week.

I did get the new shock mounting junk today....I need to find time to cut the old stuff off, weld the new stuff on, and possibly track down a new set of tires....maybe.....

Anyway, we'll talk early next week.....

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Are we still on for Friday?

The jeep is drivable again....without failure prone bar-pins, and no more lower shock mounts hanging 4" below the axle tube.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Trouble in paradise. I just heard that the government has wasted a huge amount of our tax dollars and has taken a blade to whole friggin trail! It is a bonafide road now....complete access for every Kia on the street.

I am waiting on confirmation as to the actual route number, so I can be sure that I am hearing about the trail I am thinking about......

maybe we should formulate a "plan b", in case the rumor is true? Chimney Rock is in the same area (very little challenge....a 2wd road essentially...but a scenic 2wd road)....C-gap is just up the road....some fun twisty stuff, yet very easy (bypass for the step, etc)....Southerland is up here somewhere...not sure where though......uh.....we could look at the Copper Creek area, but we will be getting started pretty late for that.......let me know what you think....

jeffryscott

sent you a pm. The Gap would be fun as an alternative.

I'm up for anything, I just want to get out.

See you Friday,

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles