Freightliner M2 4x4?

sharkbait73

Has anyone built up an expo camper using a FL 4x4 chassis? I have seen a 2007 factory 4x4 M2 with the 330hp Mercedes engine (MBE900?) with 2wd/4wd selectable, 2-spd transfer case, locking rear diff.

I wonder if the dual rears can be converted to larger super singles, and if so equipped with decent rubber, how it would actually perform offroad... Dirt roads, rutted, washboard... Muddy/low traction trails... Wet grassy fields... Sandy beaches, etc etc. I'm not talking rock crawling, but there would likely be left-right articulation/chassis twist from uneven/rutted old fire roads and trails.

Any experienced people out there?

Cheers,
Scott
944d2955126c48ba24b61867760e9ec6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

b dkw1

Observer
Yes you can run super singles on those. The local utility company has a couple of field trucks set-up with supers front and rear.

sharkbait73

Doesn't GXV have 4 or 5 of those?
I'm positive that you are correct... I'm just looking for the actual people that may have one and/or any personal experience actually taking a FL off-road. I'd rather talk to the drivers rather than the sellers of the trucks to try to get an honest assessment rather than potentially a sales job.

Scott

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94