Freeze dried hash browns - who else likes them?

hemifoot

Observer
took us several camping seasons to go thru a flat of the costco golden skillet ones.didn't realize they had a best before date.i have 1 left.it's best before date is /was sometime in 2016.i didn't even notice.

Rainier70

The nice thing is that you don't have to rehydrate the whole box. Shake about half of it, or however much you think you need, out into a mug and cover with hot water. If you didn't use enough hot water just add a little more. If you have too much water, then no big deal either. I like to drain and pat mine dry before frying. Getting them dry before frying is the key to crispness.

gringo m

Observer
The nice thing is that you don't have to rehydrate the whole box. Shake about half of it, or however much you think you need, out into a mug and cover with hot water. If you didn't use enough hot water just add a little more. If you have too much water, then no big deal either. I like to drain and pat mine dry before frying. Getting them dry before frying is the key to crispness.
I do the same. I think they're better than frozen and more versatile.

rnArmy

Adventurer
I love these things. I also use Spam singles (I like Spam). Two things that don’t need to be refridgerated. I’m always like things that don’t need to be refrigerated.

Yes and yes. Spam for breakfast! The fewer things that need to be refrigerated, the better.507826

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Expo Alert: Our CostCo is no longer selling the the hasbrown 8 pack!!! They also couldn't give a definitive time if/when they may return. End of days......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles