Freedman Foldaway Seat on L-Track or other removable mounting

BobPeanut

I'm wondering if anyone has experience/ info about mounting Freedman foldaway seats that are removable. Mine is (probably) a BV Foldaway and looks like this, minus the headrest/handles:

1674679430252.png

This brochure gives all of the dimensions but not much about mounting, just 4 bolts into the floor. Mine has 6 holes to bolt into the floor, but I'm not worried about that. The seat was previously installed on a bus with 3/16" steel plates and fender washers underneath. I'd like for the seat to be somewhat easily removable, so using the hardware I already have wouldn't really allow for that.

One idea I had was to put the bolts in from under the van, add a nut in the floor valley to hold the bolt in the floor, then the seat plate, then bolts to hold the seat down. That way I'd be able to undo the nuts holding the seat to the floor without the bolts dropping out. Please tell me if this is a terrible idea. My other thought is to use L-track, which would have the added bonus of allowing the seats to move forward or backward. I couldn't find anything about mounting these types of seats on L-track and am wondering if the weight all being held down by one side would cause problems in an accident or whatever. The L-track would also be great for everything else I could attach to the floor. My current floor has 2.5" foam and .5" laminate. I took it all out and am thinking I'll need to redoing the floor to make sure the seats are attached well.

I've spent the last couple of weeks obsessively researching options and have just been going in circles. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Maybe I am overthinking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles