Free trip to Baja with Disabled Explorers & Overland Training

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
This is a maybe, could be offer but with the clock ticking I figured I would put the word out.

Right now I am working with Wounded Warrior to offer a free passenger seat for the maiden voyage of the W.A.V.E as we join Overland Training for the first Alumni Trip.

However WW is concerned about the border crossing aspect so if it turns out they are a no go then I will be looking for another disabled person to join in the trip.

Here are some of the details...
We officially leave Sunday Nov 29th with an am border crossing in Tecate, however it would be good to pick the person up Sat Nov 28th in the afternoon and camp overnight as a test/trail/easy start.

We will make our way South and then North with the Overland Training group and peel off late Thurs Nov 3rd or early Friday Nov 4th since I have to be at work that night. So the disabled person can figure to be home sometime Friday Nov 4th.

The trip will be open to anyone with a physical mobility issue, but there are some things to think about:
The chance really should go to someone who doesn't already adventure in the backcountry..
Someone who is newly disabled or new to backcountry travel (we want them to catch the bug :)
I am a RN so no concerns over wound/hygiene assistance, but as with any trip into remote areas we will need to talk about allergies, needs and preferences, that is just a basic fact.
I am based in Phoenix Arizona but anyone from the Southwest is eligible..Az, Nevada, Utah, Socal, hey just get in touch we me and see if we can work it out.

I want to build up a database of folks who have an interest in doing this kind of thing, either day trips or overnight adventures. If you or anyone you know would benefit please have them contact me
info AT disabledexplorers DOT org
6zero2 4five1 6zero79

Even if you or someone you know doesn't want to go to Baja please get in touch with me about a future trip.

I need to get a backup plan in place in case Wounded Warrior says no, and to start matching people and trips for 2010.

Last edited:

gjackson

FRGS
This is going to be a fun trip with a very cool educational and adventure component. Far from the regular tour, everyone will be able to plot their own route, see their own sights and then meet up for camp to share experiences and adventures.

Lance's SMB is an exceptional machine and it will be the perfect platform for DE to take wounded veterans into Baja for a fantastic adventure.

cheers

1leglance

The cut off date is Nov 20th for folks interested in this trip.
It is open to anyone with a physical mobility issue and while Wounded Warrior has first dibs it is good to have a backup plan.
Not to mention we need a pool of folks for future outings.

The person must already have a passport, be willing to have their pic taken and be willing to have a great time with a solid group of folks.

If you know anyone who would be interested in this free trip, lives in Arizona or Southern California please contact me with the info.

1leglance

Well we are down to sorting the final folks...
I will annouce some teaser info about our guest as soon as things are confirmed.

Please continue to forward the names of anyone who would enjoy a day trip or overnight backcountry experience as that is our primary mission.

Also watch the for sale section as I have to do some serious fundraising to make this trip happen, good news for anyone looking for cool stuff.

1leglance

Great news for anyone with a physical mobility issue that would like a free trip to Baja.....
Our primary canidate has to postpone an outing and our backup person has childcare issues so that means we have an open spot...
If you can't make the entire Sat Nov 28th thru Fri Dec 4th please let me know as I might be able to make adjustments for you.

I will more than likely still go on the trip even if I am the only disabled person as I am part of the Medical team for the trip.

So if any of you know anyone with a physical mobility issue who would like to travel in the Wheelchair Accessible Van for Expeditions please get in touch with me asap.

trailsurfer

Explorer
Great news for anyone with a physical mobility issue that would like a free trip to Baja.....
Our primary canidate has to postpone an outing and our backup person has childcare issues so that means we have an open spot...
If you can't make the entire Sat Nov 28th thru Fri Dec 4th please let me know as I might be able to make adjustments for you.

I will more than likely still go on the trip even if I am the only disabled person as I am part of the Medical team for the trip.

So if any of you know anyone with a physical mobility issue who would like to travel in the Wheelchair Accessible Van for Expeditions please get in touch with me asap.

Lance, looking forward to seeing you in a couple of days. Hope you are able to find a candidate. But, if not, the trip will be a great shake out for the new rig.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke