Free Standing Screen Room reviews

kanmac

UPS is delivering this one to me today. When I talked to the company they said there are slight flaws on one side of the fabric. No holes, cosmetic. I figured for a screenhouse I can live with that. I'm also looking around for a tent and thought for the price, around $84, this would let me get an idea about the frame on their Turbotent.

Kcdude

Adventurer
UPS is delivering this one to me today. When I talked to the company they said there are slight flaws on one side of the fabric. No holes, cosmetic. I figured for a screenhouse I can live with that. I'm also looking around for a tent and thought for the price, around $84, this would let me get an idea about the frame on their Turbotent.

Any follow up? Pics of the flaw? Quality of the screenhouse?

Does it have solid panels inside that zip up? Rainfly?

This would be a nice add-on over the rear hatch of my SUV for cooking with an extra door to enter.

Last edited:

kanmac

I set it up in the garage a couple of days ago. Didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb yet but everything looks great so far. Easy to set up and love the head room. No solid zip up panels and, unfortunately, no rainfly. I might contact the company and see if they make a fly or know of one that may fit. I wonder if a fly from their Freestander tents might work and if they sell it seperately? If it does then I could attach some fabric to the fly to help cover the screen panels for various conditions. I'm also thinking of getting a box store tarp and attach velco to that and the bottom edge of screenhouse to be attached as needed (help assure my wife and others that creepies can't crawl in). I think it may be great for the use you mentioned. If I got one of their Freestander tents I could use it for a front entry room/vestibule. May be a little gap but I bet they would butt together pretty nicely.

So, for $99, I think I got a good deal and can spend a little more to glame it up. I'll try to get it set up outside soon to post a few pics and check on any visible flaws. A little wet weather this week.

Biggunns

I just purchased two of the Black Pine Screen Machines at roughly $84 each; $99 (current special on manufacture defect models) + discount code of Gearup (15% off) with free shipping. I currently own a freestander 4 and a Pineview 8 and we absolutely love them. It looks like it uses the freestander 6 frame so no luck on reusing my current rain fly. Though if it helps I've used my freestander in the rain without the fly and the only leak I expereinced was from the roof vent tie-outs wicking water and dripping, the Screen Machine does not have the roof vents so I would imagine the roof is fairly waterproof.
One note about the current "manufacture defect" both of my tents were purchased under the same pretense and the defects are so minor I haven't even thought about fixing them. Last year we spent over 20 nights in them; each night was at a new location except 4 so lots of use setting them up and taking them down and they are awesome!

luERn7x.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior