Free Cb!!!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hey Guys

I recently upgrade my CB radio and am offering my old one for free to any forum member here.

Its a nice unit and has done me well over the years.

Its a Midland 77-235ESP2

This is it: http://www.cfrobbins.com/meadcb/77-235.htm

Whoever wants it, hit me with a PM or an email and its yours if you come get it in San Diego or pay for shipping.

Works great but is missing the Mic (got stolen from my rig). I think the CB mics are universal so it should be a big deal.

Anyone want this? I cant justify tossing it out and it probably isnt worth the fees of trying to sell it on ebay.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT DIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jump:

Will send you a PM......

It's not eeven for me......I want to give it to my buddy who is just starting out doing 4x4 exploring!

What a wonderful Christmas present!

I can pick it up......I live in North County.......then we can plan some exploring!:elkgrin:

Aloha! ...........Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Boston Mangler said:
Got the PM!

Its yours!

Always cool to meet new local folk!

Thanks SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

I just sent you a PM with my local home phone number.

I can pick up tomorrow afternoon!:ylsmoke:

Aloha! ...........Mark:elkgrin:

..............now who was it that said there was no GOD!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: ......hehe

S

Scenic WonderRunner

:shakin: THANK YOU~ BOSTON MANGLER!!!!! .....um......Kevin!:shakin:

Just got back from picking up the FREE CB!

Got to meet the man behind that screen name that even Saddam Hussein should tremble at!....hehe

Also got the full tour of the Mangler......and the newest mod addition.....the Fridge/Freeze platform with 1500W/3000W power inverter!

Great to meet you Kevin!

Thanks again so much for your kindness!

I still owe you that beer! .....you asked which one was my new favorite......and then looked puzzled when I mentioned "STEEL"......of course this is understandable after talking about the "ARB's" and all!!!! .....hehe

Much Aloha!..................Mark

steelweb_wallpaper_0800.jpg

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
No Sweat Mark

Glad to see it go to use!

For those of you that havent met mark, he has BY FAR THE CLEANEST 2nD GEN 4Runner i have EVER seen! Super sweet truck!

Anyway, i try to shy away from beer that only comes in the 40oz or the 24oz variety! :jump:

Anyway, hope that CB works and we end up on a trail sometime soon!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Boston Mangler said:
No Sweat Mark

Glad to see it go to use!

For those of you that havent met mark, he has BY FAR THE CLEANEST 2nD GEN 4Runner i have EVER seen! Super sweet truck!

Anyway, i try to shy away from beer that only comes in the 40oz or the 24oz variety! :jump:

Anyway, hope that CB works and we end up on a trail sometime soon!

Hey Kevin!

That's "First Generation" = 1988.............but I know you KNEW that!.......you just had to much to drink with dinner!.......hehe

I may give it (the Free CB!) to my life long buddy Jerry.....for his stock Zuk (he wants a lift and bigger tires, and a locker would be nice!)......see pics. In one of the pics....see Jerry attempting to put up his home made side of the Zuk Blue Tarp Tent that he sewed up himself!....lol

Anyway........Last April.......Jerry and I were up on the Mogollon Rim Camping out on Milk Ranch Point...and exploring. Jerry wanted to head into "Long Valley" and it's local general store. He never made it to the main Highway! He got a flat about 5 miles from camp! We had very poor Verizon Cell Phone service! .....if he had a CB....he could have called me and I would have been glad to head out and help him with his flat!

Now!......Thanks to Kevin!.....Jerry will be introduced to the world of CB .....and hopefully I can solve ALL his 4x4 problems as long as I am within Earshot of him!

Aloha! ..............Mark

Attachments

• JerryStockSuzukiDiablo.jpg
    JerryStockSuzukiDiablo.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 36
  • File0033.jpg
    File0033.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 37
  • File0027.jpg
    File0027.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 33
  • File0040.jpg
    File0040.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 38
  • JerryStockSuzukiDiablo03.jpg
    JerryStockSuzukiDiablo03.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 43
S

Scenic WonderRunner

First Generation 4Runners came 2 door....with the removable top.

I really enjoyed talking Toyota World with you Kevin!......I'm also looking forward to seeing you out on the trails!

Here is a History of the 4Runner......sorry no pics......I'll look for more info later.....

.....and by the way......you really must try "Steel Reserve"...!

http://www.toyotaoffroad.com/Articles/History/History_4Runner.htm

Attachments

• HeadingForSedonaNewWheelsTires.jpg
    HeadingForSedonaNewWheelsTires.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 49

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Good hook up!

Hey Mark, we are doing a day trip on Feb. 4 to Smuggler's Cave.

Good time to test out that new CB!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

calamaridog said:
Good hook up!

Hey Mark, we are doing a day trip on Feb. 4 to Smuggler's Cave.

Good time to test out that new CB!

Thanks "dog".....!

I'll put that on my calendar and see if it works out!

I'm guessing that is the mountains just east of Jacumba. I went out there on my own last spring to check it out. I almost made it way up to an old mine.....but it was so off camber that I parked and walked the rest of the way up to the mine (no rear locker yet, oh Santa please be good to me!....hehe). I'm interested if there is a way from the top of those mtn's, down to the desert below to the east. I've seen headlights up on that mtn. bouncing along as I've been driving west coming home from Phoenix just before starting to climb the I-8 grade......like by "Plaster City" then look west and up to your left on the mountain.

Thanks............Mark

awalter

Expedition Portal Team, Overland Certified OC0003
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Thanks "dog".....!

I'll put that on my calendar and see if it works out!

I'm guessing that is the mountains just east of Jacumba. I went out there on my own last spring to check it out. I almost made it way up to an old mine.....but it was so off camber that I parked and walked the rest of the way up to the mine (no rear locker yet, oh Santa please be good to me!....hehe). I'm interested if there is a way from the top of those mtn's, down to the desert below to the east. I've seen headlights up on that mtn. bouncing along as I've been driving west coming home from Phoenix just before starting to climb the I-8 grade......like by "Plaster City" then look west and up to your left on the mountain.

Thanks............Mark
The lights you see are coming down the escarpment in Mexico, Mex Rte 2.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Thanks Al.........

That answers it!

I've been so confused about those headlights on the mountains! Although it does appear that they are moving slowly ....and bouncing!

Let me know when you are up for another trip! So sorry I missed doing a caravan with you to the "Expedition Portal Gathering"....!

Especially after all our emails and everything!

The "Scenic WonderRunner" is healed now...........so I'm up for some trips!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles