FREE BRAND NEW Thetford Electramagic 80 recirculating toilet

jesusgatos

Explorer
I'm going to put one of these super-cool toilets in the motorhome that I'm building, but I ended up with an extra one. It's an Electra Magic 80 made by Thetford. It recirculates water and so uses less... water. This is a BRAND NEW toilet, it just doesn't include any mounting hardware, or instructions.

What I'd like to do is ask anyone that has a good use for this, to post-up and tell us about your project. I don't care how it gets decided who gets it. We could start a poll. I could pick my favorite. We could pull a number out of a hat. Whatever. I just want to see it go to good use. All I'm asking is that the 'winner' cover the actual shipping costs. Gotta ship this thing off by the end of the month though, so let's be quick about this.

azyota00

Observer
Toilet

I am remodeling my motorhome (well need) and that is one of the items I need to replace and something like this eco-friend replacement would be that much better. We use our RV for small Exploration and camping trips with our grandchilden and my granddaughter has a bladder the size of a peanut; it will be well used and she would be happy. We will be glad to pay shipping, how much would that be? Thanks for this opportunity.

John

M

MuddyOval

I don't have a trailer or motorhome to put it in, but if I got it- I would then be obligated to get out in the shop and build the trailer I've been planning for 4 years. :)

jesusgatos

Explorer
I don't have a trailer or motorhome to put it in, but if I got it- I would then be obligated to get out in the shop and build the trailer I've been planning for 4 years. :)
Errrrrt. Disqualified. You've got to at least have a project underway or something going on already...

M

MuddyOval

Errrrrt. Disqualified. You've got to at least have a project underway or something going on already...

LOL! That's cool. I'm relieved that I don't have to start on it now! Every time someone posts up another trailer build, it makes me completely start over my plans from scratch. Lots of good info on this web site, but it's hard to start something because of the new info coming all the time.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
I was not even aware of that toilet, was going to get a 403L cassette toilet for mine but that would work even better, thanks for the info.

Now here goes the build:
Truck-1996 F-700 Crew cab 4x4 with 50 000 miles.

Things that are done:
-Frame stretch
-Air ride rear susp
-Parabolic leafs and related hardware up front
-Out with the 429 and in with the 5.9 Cummins complete with air compressor
-Out with 5 speed and in with Fuller FSO4606 6 speed with OD
-Out wih expensive leaky little Marmon T case and in with air shifted Rockwell T-136
-4 place battery box
-30 Gallon air tank for accessory use

Next on the list:
-Weld and install single dual compartment fuel tank that will give me 2 fuel sources for contamination protection and forcing me not to guess how much further we can make it!
-Fabricate walk thru
-Clean up som minor rust and spot repair paint on cab
-Install new seats and headliner, entertainment center
-445/65R22.5 super singles on Alcoa wheels

The box:
-Welded aluminum frame with Crane Composites Kemlite sheeting
-Sprayed polyurethane foam insulation
-Full toolboxes end to end under the camper body
-Built in pull out barbeque and prep table
-Big solar
-3000 Watt invertor
-3000 Watt generator
-Full bath, bunks, dual diesel and propane heating systems for interior and water, LED and flouro lighting, big awning, and a kick butt slideout for the dining area, yeah yeah I know, a slide. But I am designing a very HD set of slides and the truck has hydraulics on board.

So I will gladly throw my name in for the draw!

Thanks,
Mark.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
As Tom Petersen endlessly said on Portland late-night TV . . . "Free is a very good price."

Submitted for your consideration is the current upgrading of this massively-built German offroad military trailer camperized by talented Mogger Dan Johnson. The trailer is solid, but the interior is, shall we say, "rustic," and a considerable spiffing-up is in progress. George Reiswig and I bought the trailer when Dan sold it prior to his move from Indiana to Alaska a couple years back. We'll be adding a toilet of some sort, and the Thetford Electra Magic was one possibility, though before this came up, a POOP (plain 'ol ordinary PortiPotti) was most likely.

The trailer's claim to fame is that its whole roof lifts, providing headroom throughout, but allowing a lower profile when towing. Note that I didn't say low; the top is still about six feet off the ground when closed, and the pintle hitch is so high that something the height of a big Mog is required as the tow vehicle.

DanJohnsonsMog.jpg

P1010120_2_000.jpg

P1010139.jpg

And it is a heavy thing, better than a couple of tons empty, IIRC, but not any problem for a 416 Mog. Doesn't even seem to affect the (not-exactly-startling-anyway) performance much.

The trailer has a pair of big AGM batteries to supply the needed power.

So there you go . . . if worthy, toss us into the hat. And thanks.

azyota00

Observer
Its a 1997 winnebago minnie winnie and my goal is to be self sufficient when camped. I am slowly working on all items to get me there. There is a post from a forum where someone built a wind turbine that produces about 14.5 amps to run or charge a battery or provide power to at least one circuit, I am intending to complete that. Also looking into solar panels for roof. Right now we are remodeling in a way that keeps stuff out of the land fills. We are reusing cabinets (repaint, no VOC's) we need to replace the carpet, my intent is to have washable surfaces. We try to be as environmentally responsable as possible, I taught my kids long ago about water perservation and recycling, something we try to live by. Right now money is tight, so when I saw your offer, wow, I was excited. Anyway, I hope you keep me in mind.

Thanks.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Just read your toilet post on pirate, I used to work on the old GM motorhomes with that style of toilet, the owners always bragged about how good they worked. I'm surprised there aren't more people stepping up for your offer.
Thanks,
Mark.

jesusgatos

Explorer
Anybody else? I thought this would get a lot more interest. Gotta ship this thing out to someone by the end of this month one way or the other.

jesusgatos

Explorer
Moving to the For Sale section for a bit more exposure.

Pete
Thanks. Do you think you could edit the title of the thread to indicate that this toilet is BRAND NEW? I am guessing that people might be passing this over because they think it's a used toilet. I should have thought of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles