Fred the Van. The More We Explore's Adventure Van Build Thread

Jb1rd

Explorer
X2 on the slide for your ARB, turn it on it's long axis against the wall to make it less intrusive into the interior or sell it to me so I can :sombrero:

JCH

drawer slide design

Do you have a link to the expo thread you got the drawer slide design from? (i think you mentioned it coming from another build on here) thanks

sixstringsteve

Explorer
For a good deal all on all the IndelB fridges such as VF and TF check out Westyventures.com. I have bought several fridges from Karl in the past he has been good to work with. He can get you any of the VF or TF fridges shipped to your door regardless of whether they're available on his website.

I can't thank you enough for all your help luthj. Karl at westyventures.com was AWESOME to work with. I ordered a VF C62. Can't wait to install it. I'll also be checking out those SECs. Got any links to any you recommend?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
I can't thank you enough for all your help luthj. Karl at westyventures.com was AWESOME to work with. I ordered a VF C62. Can't wait to install it. I'll also be checking out those SECs. Got any links to any you recommend?

Here is a link to the SEC. At some point I found a vendor that was selling it for just a little over hundred dollars. But I can't seem to find it now. If and when I find it i will definItely post it here for everyone else.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/isotherm--isotherm-smart-energy-controller--14015747

Essentially what the SEC does is replace the mechanical thermostat that these fridges ship with. Instead you get an adjustable digital control unit that controls compressor speed, and fridge temp and a variety of other factors. Because it has a digital probe it is much more accurate than the mechanical versions and can definItely reduce your power consumption.

There is probably some details/photos on the SEC install in my build thread. If I can find the album that I posted them in i will crosspost over here.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
almost! We (were) looking for an International. Different trim, and it had a bigger front window. We've actually decided on and selected a trailer a week or two ago, so we're no longer looking. I'll be posting that announcement in a week or two. Thanks for thinking of us!

mgmetalworks

Explorer
We've decided to remove the rear ac unit. Does anyone having any recommendations for how to cap the refrigerant lines off?

Replace the topside lines with those from a non-rear a/c van. They're fairly easy to get to and you can take out the old lines in a couple sections. I just looked up the parts on rockauto.com... lines are $45-ish and you'll be replacing two different parts. Contact me offline if you want a run down of what needs to be done. A/C lines are very fresh in my mind after all the work I just had to do on mine to get the them routed around Cummins parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles