Freaking COVID vs adventures grrrrr!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Say hello to IHU - COVID variant B.1.640.2

Don't support and spread the fear mongering stupidity!

Worrying about some new strain of a virus that gets weaker with most new strains is what keeps the karens of this world going with their stupidity and fear of the boogey man virus, it's moronic stupidity like that is killing the economies of most countries!

Time to move on and accept that covid, like influenza is here to stay and there is nothing you can do about it except to take personal precautions of your choice and continue life!

Here's some light reading!

Laps

Covid from day one has had zero effect on my camping and overlanding ventures, in fact all the better with all the open dispersed camping opportunities. And omicron is more comparable to a viral cold infection and at worse similar to seasonal flu.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
i am just glad not to live in a high-density region like CA. best of luck to you guys.

Like you, I'm glad I don't live in a major metro area.... on the whole.... but we have very limited access to testing facilities (for example, PCR tests get flown to the State Capital once a day from one of the testing companys, so that means if you had your test at 9am you wouldn't get your result any quicker than if you had the test at 2pm) and if the do-do does hit the fan, we have limited hospital facilities for coping with it (I expect to hear the flight path getting busier with the evac flights to the capital city once the beds here reach capacity).

There's pros and cons to all of it.... just make do with what we have, and get out as much as we can.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Can you explain “social contracts” to me?

most school districts are using a similar social contract

The basics are “if your child has been doing something that has a high exposure risk” example club sport, travel, attended large event etc.. They will test and at minimum plan to have a few days prior to returning to class to ensure they aren’t a COVID factory. Definitely not attending school if they have any symptoms associated to COVID..

Seems pretty simple right? Yeah you would be surprised how difficult this concept can be for many people. But its a social contract in written form that most schools have parents and kids read and sign. It doesn’t really have any legal bite but your basically the town idiot if you clearly violate it and then cause a class shut down or outbreak at school etc.. Town Idiot can be worse than legal bite when parents are being super careful so their kids can do in class school and sports.

billiebob

Be careful out there guys/gals. You might be safe from COVID but you might be unable to get medical care in an emergency due to over run medical facilities and staffing shortages. Close doc friends are all saying that non COVID medical needs are seriously impacted now simply due to staffing shortages with staff being sick. Not counting the loads of sick COVID patients walking in the door..
We did this smarter 65 years ago. No one with Polio ended up in a hospital, it was a big enough event that auditoriums, gymnasiums, arenas awere converted to host those victims. Our hospitals continued business as usual. But back then politicians had courage too.
polio-iron-lungs.jpg

Equally 60 years ago vaccines has massive support.
elvis-pressley-receiving-the-salk-polio-vaccine-in-1956.jpg

But it all started in the same place.
Polio_victim.jpg

And when a vaccine was announced... this was the response.
In 1985, the world recorded 350,000 Polio cases. Today we average less than 12 a year. Vaccines work. period.
Polio-Photo.jpg

In Canada 98% of the COVID cases in ICU are unvaccinated people. If you are vaccinated COVID is often just another cold.
You want adventures, don't just get vaccinated, be vocal about how those without a legitimate medical reason to be unvaccinated are affecting our lives.

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
i am just glad not to live in a high-density region like CA. best of luck to you guys.

My CA town is 16,000 people with about 4000 being college kids. Tuesday last week was first day back from winter break 17 kids tested positive out of 600 middle school kids.Neighbors are local doctors and expect that number to increase. Vaccination rate is over 90%. Many 12 and up are boosted already.
The first wave was the 31st as Basketball kids started to test before going to BB tournaments, most that were positive had traveled to visit family. Most were caught before they hit the court with their team. But a few teams practiced with positive kids and were shut down.
My eldest is in club volleyball super strict on both vaccination requirements and masks during play zero tolerance. They have had no issues and so far tournament’s are a go. All the parents want the kids playing so its not even a discussion regarding masking and vaccination just what needs to be to get on with the game?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Honestly it depends on a lot of things. Some may just be flying to one spot or having issues staying in certain areas because of local "laws"
No staff due to being out sick and stuff shut down because of no staff. I just heard a local family owned gas station is closed up whole group got COVID. Hell that could be an issue if your in the sticks and roll up on the fuel stop and find it locked up tight.

pith helmet

My CA town is 16,000 people with about 4000 being college kids. Tuesday last week was first day back from winter break 17 kids tested positive out of 600 middle school kids.Neighbors are local doctors and expect that number to increase. Vaccination rate is over 90%. Many 12 and up are boosted already.
The first wave was the 31st as Basketball kids started to test before going to BB tournaments, most that were positive had traveled to visit family. Most were caught before they hit the court with their team. But a few teams practiced with positive kids and were shut down.
My eldest is in club volleyball super strict on both vaccination requirements and masks during play zero tolerance. They have had no issues and so far tournament’s are a go. All the parents want the kids playing so its not even a discussion regarding masking and vaccination just what needs to be to get on with the game?
Sounds like a literal different world. Best to y’all.

billiebob

Same, small town, 1500 people, no cases 6 months ago in our hometown, but a couple of cases a day now. I wish the data was more detailed for the public, we just hear generic numbers until someone "with insider trading" data shares the local statistics. But the one number which says it all.... in BC 98% of the COVID cases in ICU are unvaccinated victims. Just git 'er done eh.

I do believe in 4 years this will just be another flu shot.

Darwanism will take care of the rest.

Last edited:

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Vaccines can be very effective, for the right disease and when thoroughly tested BEFORE being given to those susceptible to the disease being treated!

Notice the lack of a vaccine for the common cold or cancer, among others!

This covid vaccine has numerous problems due to being rushed thru and not thoroughly tested before release!

The polio vaccine you keep using as your holy grail took over 50 years to be developed from the time of the first american polio epidemic in 1894, it had various set backs and didn't succeed til well after the year 2000 when polio was beginning to be generally considered eradicated, that's over 110 years of polio!

So keep climbing on your soapbox and preaching to those who can't do their own research before making a choice about taking an untested vaccine with numerous side effects!

Try reading these before spouting falsehoods about the speed in which polio was eradicated and more garbage about the covid vaccines!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles