Fraud Alert!!!

Maloppa

Observer
Wanted to get an alert out. I received a private message from new member Woodberry8. Advising me he had a friend that had a item I was searching for.
Friends contact info was Martin Calvin with e-mail Ranraw77@gmail.com
Contacted him and he immediately responded with pic of item. The problem was the pic was from a 2014 thread I had seen in the past. Asked for more pics and he graciously sent me the rest of the pics from the thread. When questioned he has now stopped responding. He uses the e-mail dashoncash@yahoo.com for PayPal requests. Of coarse he wants you to send it Friends / Family.

Attachments

• shot1.png
    shot1.png
    350.3 KB · Views: 1,145
  • shot2.png
    shot2.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 370

Maloppa

Observer
Guess it is my lucky day. I just got another e-mail about a conversation and another person that has the item. This conversation has been erased now and I can't find the member. But I've added the pic for everyone to be aware.

Attachments

• shot3.png
    shot3.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 321

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
I just had the same situation from this, ahem, member - Paul Dave <pauldave603@gmail.com> - His account has also disappeared. I knew something was up when he told me, after I emailed him, that he had a James Baroud Evo for $1k including shipping. Unfortunately he now has my real email address which can be sold to other scammers. But at least it appears to be the same ***hat as yours.

Maloppa

Observer
I am amazed at how many people all the sudden have these winches!! Moderator, add these to the ban list.

Attachments

• post3.png
    post3.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,015

GonzoShinyPants

Yes I've seen a similar scam and it appears that one person tells you to contact another member (like the prior post about the warn winch) to get the item...

Romer

Adventurer
I just had the same situation from this, ahem, member - Paul Dave <pauldave603@gmail.com> - His account has also disappeared. I knew something was up when he told me, after I emailed him, that he had a James Baroud Evo for $1k including shipping. Unfortunately he now has my real email address which can be sold to other scammers. But at least it appears to be the same ***hat as yours.

I had the same person reach out to me about an item. He copied text and pics from an ad in australia, plus he didnt write english very well

Sad

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Old old scam. Never respond when someone asks you to contact someone else. It's always a Gmail address too.
I actually did that once to help a friend who wasn’t on the forum sell a set of wheels but yeah, I agree with you. I asked both parties before I did and it was a local meet up. I have learned to be very wary of online dealings but I’ve had good luck over the years with people who respond normally and have a history on a forum.

Maloppa

Observer
Another scam attempt. Moderator, please ban these as well. Thanks

Attachments

• another.png
    another.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 156

jpat30

Adventurer
"I hate there are so many scams out there"

Me too, I was just hit up by an Ashley77 (whose acct has seemed to disappear) directing me to a "friend" Trevor_Moore@aol.com about a bed cap I was looking for. I emailed Mr. Moore and he responded that he had the item. His description though was for a tonneau cover. I assumed it was just a mistake and told him what I was actually looking for and what do you know, he has one of those for sale too...The picture that he provided appeared to be taken from a truck accessory shop though as there were several caps in the picture. Whenever, I would ask where he was located, he would just respond, "Im in Texas". Well partner, Texas is a pretty big state, though he mentioned several times that shipping could be arranged.
Anyway, definitely a scam...

Be careful out there yall...

JCS2179

Ughh, same here about an IKAMPER in Texas. Idiots!! Here's a pic with his info....?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-110716_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-110716_Outlook.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 393

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94