Franken Rover Overlander

JSBriggs

Adventurer
Im guessing its a 10 spline 3.54 diff. You can get a complete second hand 3rd member for cheap. form a '92 or older RRC If its 24 Spline then '93 or newer RRC or Disco

-Jeff

Mrk1

Adventurer
Im guessing its a 10 spline 3.54 diff. You can get a complete second hand 3rd member for cheap. form a '92 or older RRC If its 24 Spline then '93 or newer RRC or Disco

-Jeff

It has the 24's in it, Im looking at running True Tracs front and rear so now seems like a good time to order up the rear.

Mrk1

Adventurer
What are you plans for the body? Are you looking to get antoher 88" tub?

-Jeff

I dont think I want to get into the tub yet, so far I have pulled off the front wing and pounded them out with a hammer. I want to fix this thing up but dont want to take away all the battle scars. I am going to paint it myself in my shop, back to Arles blue. Someone painted this thing with a brush at some point. The only panles Im looking to replace is the passenger side door post, it took a hit sometime ago and the door doesn't work right, lower hinge is busted.

My in a year or two if I decide its worth it Ill get into a tub and firewall, it could use it, but for now I want to get it up to health and just drive the thing.

Mrk1

Adventurer
are you going to fix up the interior if i remember correctly its missing the lower dash right?

I plan to paint it body color, new seat cushions and make my own "dash" more or less some simple storage. Im a metal fabricator so I would rather make something then buy it.

Right now it only has a gauge panel bolted to the bulk head

Last edited:

Mrk1

Adventurer
Fun fact, the chassis of my rover is a Great Divide edition, the VIN plates shows it was black and the previous owner says it was the only black one

photo 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94