FP bed support pin

Mogfly

Hello, I just got a FP. How do you install the pins in between the hood to hold the bed support poles?
The pins I have just came with regular screws, I am a little septical about drilling straight in the metal of my car.
20210102_162006.jpg

Thank you for the help!

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
That is all I did, sheet metal screws into the lip there. My 1st gen Tacoma must be stronger metal, I had no flex, the 3rd gen Tacoma I get flex and put a magnet on the outside to protect the paint when deployed.

Mogfly

Ok, perfect! and is there any specific placement for it? My guess is to set it up where the bed would line up horizontal with the main body shell, deployed the bed support poles, and drill where ever the pole lands on the hood. Correct?

WOODY2

Adventurer
Ok, perfect! and is there any specific placement for it? My guess is to set it up where the bed would line up horizontal with the main body shell, deployed the bed support poles, and drill where ever the pole lands on the hood. Correct?
I would suggest getting the flipped portion in it's final position then install bracing to fender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior