Fox shocks for 2008 chevy express van awd 5.3l v8

Scotty D

When I did a torsion key lift on my awd I used bilstein 5100 series for the front. No shock extenders or anything like that. Bolted right in. part number 24-186643

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
How do you like them? Are they too stiff? Ever take them on a washboard road?
I have run the original shocks with the crappy little extenders from the kit and they are pretty hammered by now

Teacher88

I am happy with them. I did notice an improvement on washboard roads. Can I fly down them? No. Would fox shocks be better? I'm not sure. I was really on the fence about it and I read some things that said you would not notice much of a difference between the bilstien 5100's and fox 2.0's so for the price so I got the bilsteins and used the savings to buy brand new 2500 springs for the rear and I am so glad I did. I'm guessing that if u really want to see an improvement in shocks you really need to get into custom valving and that was not a road I wanted to pay to be on

Scotty D

I am happy with them. I did notice an improvement on washboard roads. Can I fly down them? No. Would fox shocks be better? I'm not sure. I was really on the fence about it and I read some things that said you would not notice much of a difference between the bilstien 5100's and fox 2.0's so for the price so I got the bilsteins and used the savings to buy brand new 2500 springs for the rear and I am so glad I did. I'm guessing that if u really want to see an improvement in shocks you really need to get into custom valving and that was not a road I wanted to pay to be on

Ok, put in the new 5100s and they are awesome! Just took the van offroad and the difference is amazing.
Of course when I took the old ones off the were so worn out they were not even shocks anymore. I have nothing to compare to but my van feels like fantastic now

Smooshsh

Ok, put in the new 5100s and they are awesome! Just took the van offroad and the difference is amazing.
Of course when I took the old ones off the were so worn out they were not even shocks anymore. I have nothing to compare to but my van feels like fantastic now
Did you use the shocks without ther extenders like teach?

Thanks. Appreciate it. Going to install it this weekend.

I realize this thread is quite old. Was curious how this group likes their vans! I'm looking at a 2010-13 AWD 1500. Any tips or tricks? Loves or hates? Want to make it as comfortable as possible and ideally go high roof if that doesnt cause too much side to side.

Scotty D

I realize this thread is quite old. Was curious how this group likes their vans! I'm looking at a 2010-13 AWD 1500. Any tips or tricks? Loves or hates? Want to make it as comfortable as possible and ideally go high roof if that doesnt cause too much side to side.
I love mine. It does way better off road than an awd has any right to.
Good fuel economy
Plenty of power (I recommend not towing anything though)
I have 225k and it still runs like brand new, they have not been easy miles either, many of them in Mexico

I love mine. It does way better off road than an awd has any right to.
Good fuel economy
Plenty of power (I recommend not towing anything though)
I have 225k and it still runs like brand new, they have not been easy miles either, many of them in Mexico
Thanks man!!! Just bought a 2012 AWD Savana 1500. Any suspension suggestions? This thing rides like trash in the rear!

Scotty D

Thanks man!!! Just bought a 2012 AWD Savana 1500. Any suspension suggestions? This thing rides like trash in the rear!
I did the traxda 2 inch lift and level kit and bilstiens up front but have not addressed the rear shocks
On washboard road its really easy to lose the ass end.

drsmonkey

Observer

Head over to the AWD info thread to find a ton of info about these vans. Caution, it's a long read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94