Four Wheel Grandby in 2011 Ford F-350 - examples of paltform to clear cab?

93Cummins

Observer
I was thinking of something similar. I am removing the Truck Vault I was using as a sleeping platform when I had the shell on the truck. I will miss the storage. The man thing for me was the balance between height and practical storage space.

93Cummins

Observer
It's on the truck finally

My new to me camper is on the truck. Since I had them do some other work, I had Four Wheel install the camper. I was not able to get pictures of it in progress, but I had them do what they call the "permanent" option. They added slats made from plywood along the bottom of the camper running left to right if you look at it from the rear. The slat sets were spaced to support the floor and clear the roll over gooseneck hitch that is installed on my truck. This made it clear the side rails and the cab nicely, but it looks like I will lose two of my antenna mounts on the back of the cab. I had hoped to extend the antenna mounts will some coax adapters and mount the antennas on the camper, but that would likely raise it higher than I want it. I will have to put new mounts on the camper.

Thanks to all who responded to this thread. Now the work begins: solar, new fridge, clean up, upholstery, etc.

Attachments

• Slats1_Small.jpg
    Slats1_Small.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Slats2_Small.jpg
    Slats2_Small.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Truck_Camp_Small.jpg
    Truck_Camp_Small.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 32

FordGuy1

Adventurer
That cab to camper clearance looks really tight....

It is going to hit the cab if it the truck is articulated much. I have a Superduty with a 2012 FWC and it comes within a 1/2 of the cab when its flexed, and I have double the clearance of this set up.
BE CAREFUL!!

93Cummins

Observer
Not sure I could get three or four inches and keep the camper inside the bed rails :). I have seen pictures n other forums with installs that don't seem to be any higher than mine. I am going to talk to FWC on Monday since they did the installi. I think I'll bump it up another couple of inches.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Not sure I could get three or four inches and keep the camper inside the bed rails :). I have seen pictures n other forums with installs that don't seem to be any higher than mine. I am going to talk to FWC on Monday since they did the installi. I think I'll bump it up another couple of inches.

I think if you had a good 2-3 " you will be fine. I only have about 3.5"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94