Four Wheel Campers- company sold to new owners

Codfish

I suspect not many changes initially, but it would be true that investments usually are made for growth and profit. I'm all for that, profit is what I spend for goods and services. Thanks for the link.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
So Tom is a goner, eh? He is single handily the reason I have a Phoenix Camper today instead of a FWC. No regrets either!

adam88

Explorer
As an avid overlander, I have not really been a huge fan of the direction that FWC has gone over the past 13 years under the direction of Tom Hanagan. Specifically, I have not been a fan of their lack of willingness to customize anything. However, as a savvy businessman, I have been very impressed and aware of why he is doing what he is doing to the company. Good for Tom for making a lot of money on his investment, and hiring a lot of people/creating a lot of jobs. That's what America is all about (supposedly).

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Maybe they'll drop their prices. Not. Everybody's products are going up.
That would be great. Seems that they have done price increases every year the past few years. I might be wrong but I know I've seen a couple price increases.

Tatted

Adventurer
You can almost guarantee since it is an investment company they will cheapen them up and raise prices, watch the employees leave as well. I've worked for a company before that was bought out by an investment company. It is not a good thing.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
You can almost guarantee since it is an investment company they will cheapen them up and raise prices, watch the employees leave as well. I've worked for a company before that was bought out by an investment company. It is not a good thing.

That is my fear too, but I'm hoping to be wrong.

craig333

Expedition Leader
Funny, I bought a FWC because it fits my style of overcamping, not because it looks cool. Is it functional? Yes. I guess some people prefer form over function though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior