Four Wheel Camper Webasto

eizenjin

I am ordering a Four Wheel Hawk flat bed camper. My current camper has a webasto diesel Airtop heater plumbed directly in to my main diesel tank (60 gallon main, 40 gallon gravity fed aux). I love it because I can disseaper to canada and alaska in the winter for 45-60 days and I never worry about propane I just fill up my truck at the fuel station and I'm on my way. While I know that the newer propane furnaces in the four wheel campers are pretty fuel efficient I still think in dead of winter trying to keep the camper warm that I'll only get 3-4 days on a 10lb propane tank and I just don't want to have to deal with it when I have an unlimited (basically) supply of diesel. I have a new in box Diesel Webasto Airtop that I want to throw in to the Hawk. My question would be if anyone has done this and specifically if there is a good place to route the diesel fuel line (QD?) since the camper will attach and detach from the flatbed when I am home and not traveling. I don't really want to run the line up the side of the camper or anything. Thanks

About to retrofit my slide-in Hawk with a diesel heater. I have no first-hand experience/advice to offer, but am definitely looking forward to following your build!

Cloudsurfer80

I am ordering a Four Wheel Hawk flat bed camper. My current camper has a webasto diesel Airtop heater plumbed directly in to my main diesel tank (60 gallon main, 40 gallon gravity fed aux). I love it because I can disseaper to canada and alaska in the winter for 45-60 days and I never worry about propane I just fill up my truck at the fuel station and I'm on my way. While I know that the newer propane furnaces in the four wheel campers are pretty fuel efficient I still think in dead of winter trying to keep the camper warm that I'll only get 3-4 days on a 10lb propane tank and I just don't want to have to deal with it when I have an unlimited (basically) supply of diesel. I have a new in box Diesel Webasto Airtop that I want to throw in to the Hawk. My question would be if anyone has done this and specifically if there is a good place to route the diesel fuel line (QD?) since the camper will attach and detach from the flatbed when I am home and not traveling. I don't really want to run the line up the side of the camper or anything. Thanks
Hi, Just wondering how your mod turned out? I am looking at doing the same thing to my 2020 Flatbed Fleet.

sourdoughben

A very worth while conversion IMO. My FWC Hawk had that noisy, battery draining, propane sucking wall unit. My current RV has an Espar diesel unit. Night and day difference. Other than derating the burner for 3,500 ft. plus elevations, the little Espar as been excellent for 4+ years. I never give turning on the thermostat a second thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier