Four Wheel Camper Swift Build

2016 Four Wheel Camper
Swift Shell Model
On a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Manual

I've had my camper for a few years now and the build is basically complete but I still wanted to share my ideas.

28070886_1787502391300426_3822599592295612355_o.jpg

GPTempDownload 5.JPG
GPTempDownload 6.JPG
GPTempDownload 4.JPG
GPTempDownload 3.JPG
GPTempDownload.JPG

Very cool, I like what you did with the seating/table, thats very clever. The FWC shell models appeal to me big time, I like being able to customize my own stuff, and save money too, pretty much what I did to my Skamper, got it basically stripped down to the shell and built it into what I wanted. Got any build/progress pics of when you first got it to the present state of it? Also, how did you build your sink/run the drain pipe? Do those shell models have the outside fill/drain access ports for things like that? or do you just drill a hole and add one?

Last edited:
Very cool, I like what you did with the seating/table, thats very clever. The FWC shell models appeal to me big time, I like being able to customize my own stuff, and save money too, pretty much what I did to my Skamper, got it basically stripped down to the shell and built it into what I wanted. Got any build/progress pics of when you first got it to the present state of it? Also, how did you build your sink/run the drain pipe? Do those shell models have the outside fill/drain access ports for things like that? or do you just drill a hole and add one?
Those Skampers are super cool. I would have ended up with one of those but I couldn't find a used one at the time.

Unfortunately I don't have any build progress pics. The camper was completely empty when I purchased it new. For several years I left it empty because I wasn't sure how to build it out. After taking it out on a bunch of trips I slowly started to understand how I wanted it laid out. Everything except the sink comes out pretty fast.

The sink is super simple, no drains going to the outside. I'm sure you can get them added from the dealer but mine doesn't have it. My sink water drains directly into a 7 gal water tank that is under the sink. I posted a video on youtube that shows it.

I know the video says 2015 but that's a typo on my part. I purchased it in 2015 and they built it in March of 2016.

I never have problems with it getting full because I can just pour it out in a safe place. I wanted to keep everything inside because of I do a lot of winter camping and having water draining outside could freeze up really fast. The only downside is that the 7 gal container takes up space even when it's empty, so I'm thinking about replacing it with one of those collapsible containers.

Last edited:
Thats killer man, I think the shell models or starting from scratch is the best way, sure the built out ones are nice, but pricey, this way, you can lay it out as you need/please. Im the opposite in my camping as I do a lot of desert/high desert warm climate camping out here in the southwest, but similar to you I like to keep everything in the camper for comfort/ease of use.

nice job!

couple of questions:

there's a gauge panel in the first post, and then a goal zero in the video. two systems? or is the panel reading . . no, that wouldn't make sense. solar panel to charge the gz? or tied to the truck battery?

when closing the pop top, do the pistons ever freeze/ not slide, in cold or ice conditions? (awkward- if ice forms in warm conditions, something's amiss!)

thanks

nice job!

couple of questions:

there's a gauge panel in the first post, and then a goal zero in the video. two systems? or is the panel reading . . no, that wouldn't make sense. solar panel to charge the gz? or tied to the truck battery?

when closing the pop top, do the pistons ever freeze/ not slide, in cold or ice conditions? (awkward- if ice forms in warm conditions, something's amiss!)

thanks
The gauge is actually a temperature reading. I wanted to know the temperature inside and outside of the camper so I picked that one up off amazon. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MUOIQ8W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My goal zero is charged from the truck battery but it only charges when the truck is running. Works really well for my needs.

The pistons do feel stiffer in the winter. But I think this has more to do with the ice on top of the camper creating weight. I've never had a problem lifting the camper but others use a speaker lift system to lift the camper. Seems to work great for them. If you want to know more let me know. Cheers