Four Wheel Camper ‘Project M’

T_FORE_R

From what I gather the Base Project M;

-Does not even come with a mattress
-Does not come wired for lights power
-No info provided on how they keep dust out/seal to different tailgates
-Costs $9-9.5k plus tax depending which model

All things considered, this is pretty damn steep for what it is, which is essentially a slightly better designed product than a FlipPac.

All the same concerns I had/have.

They kind of pulled a bate and switch about the mattress. Originally it was included (I believe they honored the original price with mattress for preorders) but separated the mattress from the base price (10% increase on the overall camper) once they were outside the pre-order window.

I have concerns with all the "new" campers. I figured if I was taking a gamble it would be with a company established decades ago.

Ill post a thread once I receive mine and show the good bad and ugly. Cheers.

grogie

Like to Camp
I really interested to see how people build these out. Just got my conformation email yesterday, mine will be ready to pick up on Feb 14th. Sad part is I would be able to get up the the factory until mid March. Ill post once I receive it.

I'll look forward to hearing about yours too. What's the truck you're putting this on?

I do like that the Project M is easy (or easier) to remove being that their FWC jacks can be attached, as I for one would not want a camper to always reside on my Tacoma. For the price, I think it's competitive and FWC has a good reputation and has been around a long time. I'd rather them build a quality product then skimp. There have been some other new to the market truck bed campers (for less) that are having issues I've read. I would expect FWC for their experience to note potential issues.

T_FORE_R

I'll look forward to hearing about yours too. What's the truck you're putting this on?

I do like that the Project M is easy (or easier) to remove being that their FWC jacks can be attached, as I for one would not want a camper to always reside on my Tacoma. For the price, I think it's competitive and FWC has a good reputation and has been around a long time. I'd rather them build a quality product then skimp. There have been some other new to the market truck bed campers (for less) that are having issues I've read. I would expect FWC for their experience to note potential issues.

Putting it on a 2018 Ram Power Wagon. Being able to remove with the jacks was a big selling point for me. Also wanted 1 'room' so that the kids could be sleeping and I could still use the open space.

grogie

Like to Camp
Putting it on a 2018 Ram Power Wagon. Being able to remove with the jacks was a big selling point for me. Also wanted 1 'room' so that the kids could be sleeping and I could still use the open space.

Power Wagon will be awesome! Good point about having a room along with sleeping.

ordered a project M from Equipt in SLC yesterday, after selling my spot in line for a vagabond drifter after 9 months of waiting with no end in sight. main reason being sleeping size in Project M, especially after seeing it next to an AT Summit. Wait time I was told about 27 weeks. Not great, but having a date is much better to me than the who knows of Vagabond

TMOD

ordered a project M from Equipt in SLC yesterday, after selling my spot in line for a vagabond drifter after 9 months of waiting with no end in sight. main reason being sleeping size in Project M, especially after seeing it next to an AT Summit. Wait time I was told about 27 weeks. Not great, but having a date is much better to me than the who knows of Vagabond

What deposit did they require?

TMOD

Hi Guys, I've been following this thread and wanted to let you know I put my deposit down for a Project M. Delivery time will be April. I've got an 07 Chevrolet Silverado 8' bed and recently sold an old Palomino. I have a wife and 2 kids and was looking for something that was lighter, built better and more modular/useful than the Palomino. Project M seemed like the best solution. We are excited it's our family Christmas present and I think my two kids are more excited than me. I'll post pictures when I get it and happy to answer any questions as we roll along. Cheers!

View attachment 554347

Did you ever take delivery?
I'm looking for whatever info I can get before pulling the trigger. Thanks!

Jtree

I have a 2019 Tundra Double Cab with 6.5 bed.
Do you know how long the Project M is from the front window to the back door for the model you purchased?
Considering a Project M for our 2020 Ford Ranger Supercab with a 6’ bed.

TMOD

Do you know how long the Project M is from the front window to the back door for the model you purchased?
Considering a Project M for our 2020 Ford Ranger Supercab with a 6’ bed.

I haven't purchased yet. Still weighing my options but leaning toward the M.
I would contact FWC directly and ask about your model.

Jigidy

Did you ever take delivery?
I'm looking for whatever info I can get before pulling the trigger. Thanks!
Yes, I did take delivery about a month ago. We've been camping a couple times and our picnics and tailgating are next level now. Let me know what questions you have I'm happy to answer any.

TMOD

Yes, I did take delivery about a month ago. We've been camping a couple times and our picnics and tailgating are next level now. Let me know what questions you have I'm happy to answer any.

Thanks for the reply. Your set up looks good. Plenty of room in that 8 ft bed!

I'm looking at a very basic set up, much like you. I want to go with the passenger small window as well and probably a roof vent or two.
Two areas I am unsure on are the thermal pack and the mattress. I see you went with the thermal pack. Is it what you expected? I know it's summer so you probably haven't really needed it yet. Also the mattress option at $850 seems ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I can put something together at a fraction of that price. What are you using?
Also, was there an "installation fee" when you took delivery? The build out pricing page shows $595 for installation. But it just clamps on to your bed rails essentially?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles