Four Wheel Camper ‘Project M’

GreggNY

Anyone have any info yet on this? FWC seems to have just released a couple teaser pics on Instagram of this model in testing. It sounds like it’s meant to be a light weight option that isn’t a full camper. Looks to me like a pop up camper/cap. I’ve been looking at a cap for my power wagon and shying away from a FWC due to the weight (yes, I know plenty of guys run them on PWs) and cost. This might be a perfect option for that platform at a lighter weight and hopefully lower cost without all the bells/whistles/comfort options of a full camper.

13D9E1B6-4EAC-4397-824B-5D20929E42C9.jpeg
5D2DFE08-CF44-4F8B-82C5-7C87A5D69373.jpeg

Last edited:

Jo_Duval

Observer
I’ve seen the same pictures and was wondering if this is going to compete in the wedge camper market.

I’d be interested in this or a wedge type camper if it had a back door and tailgate delete option.

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
Looks pretty cool. I agree with Jo_Duval, a back door without the tailgate would make this a great option for someone to build out their own camper.

malibubts

Adventurer
This would be right up my alley, it'd be interesting to see their price point on this. I believe you can already get a mostly bare FWC around $10k. I seep under a standard cap at the moment and would love something with more head room.

GreggNY

Glad there’s interest in this. I’m looking forward to interior pics and pricing as well. I was really hoping someone on the forum might have some insider info to share. It seems like some people are able to get a bit more before things are released

GreggNY

We'll start an official thread soon. Our team is just trying to get some video & photos ahead of time for our marketing materials, and also get a couple more weeks of real testing before we make any official announcements. We are shooting for a lower cost, lighter weight product to add to our existing product line.
Can't wait for more details! I was so close to pulling the trigger on a bed cap with hard shell RTT, but this option is way more appealing. I'll be watching.

Boston Mangler

Expedition Leader
Genius idea in theory, eagerly awaiting more info on the dust prevention, and if it will be available with a door/tailgate delete.

One of the big reasons I went with FWC was its contained design and dust prevention.