Four Peaks Pickup 09

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
We'll be camping at the staging area parking lot. We gotta rope it off so we can save it for the cleanup. If anyone wants to meet up for before heading out that works for us. :sombrero:

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Well, anyone interested in meeting at the McDonalds just off the 202 at McKellips Rd and 87? I'll be coming from work in Yuma and most likely won't be able to be there until 4-6pm if anyone is interested in meeting up and driving up to Four Peaks together.

FlyingWen

Explorer
Wil is going to be camping out for sure that night. I am not sure yet about me yet since we have to find a place to dump FlyingBaby for the day.

Side Note:

Tim will be appearing on Channel 12 AZ Midday tomorrow ( 1-28) and doing an interview on 93.3 KUPD right afterwards, but I am not sure when that will be airing.

Please make sure you RSVP at http://www.fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/ to make sure there is enough food for all volunteers.

Thanks everyone!!

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Wil is going to be camping out for sure that night. I am not sure yet about me yet since we have to find a place to dump FlyingBaby for the day.

Side Note:

Tim will be appearing on Channel 12 AZ Midday tomorrow ( 1-28) and doing an interview on 93.3 KUPD right afterwards, but I am not sure when that will be airing.

Please make sure you RSVP at http://www.fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/ to make sure there is enough food for all volunteers.

Thanks everyone!!

I RSVeep'd even though we won't be eating any of the food!

Count on AZFJ is up to 33 trucks!! I'll remind everyone to RSVP.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
RSVP... I will need to pass on the word to Offroad Nissans of Arizona. It looks like we will have about 15 trucks showing up.

SOAZ

See everyone there! Oh, and Bman will be getting a couple of veggie dogs and turkey dogs for those of you who so choose to. :victory:

SOAZ

I just picked up a load of water and over a thousand bags from Arizona Clean and Beautiful.

I want folks to have this link. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE LITTERING OR DUMPING KEEP THIS LINK OR TELEPHONE NUMBER HANDY.

http://www.arizonacleanandbeautiful.org/LitterForm/LitterForm_page.html

The Litter Hotline (1-877-3LITTER)

Once you fill this out the perpetrator will get a letter like this:
50ea6e84.jpg

Its "just" a letter, but many of these people would not want to get caught and this lets them know that they are being watched. It may not change their mind, but I REALLY do think that it will put enough fear into the perpetrators to think twice before doing it again for fear that they are being watched.

SOAZ

We're getting close to the cleanup. See you next Saturday!
Things to bring:

-GLOVES
-A RAKE (for all of the small stuff, shells, glass etc)
-SUNSCREEN
-A HAT
-WATER

FlyingWen

Explorer
Clean-Up Stickers

Hey everyone!

I am sure that you have heard mention of it somewhere, but not only is the 4 Peaks Clean-Up good for the environment, but all proceeds donated to the Clean-Up efforts will be divided between 2 charities:
Our very own Disabled Explorers, and another non-profit called KarmaRacer.org.

We have created this sticker that will be sold on the Sierra Expeditions site as well as at the Clean-Up.

4peakscurved.jpg

This image will be available in a white oval sticker as well as a white die-cut.
Oval $3
Die-Cut $5

100% of the proceeds will go to the above non-profit organizations.

Thanks everyone and looking forward to seeing you there!!! :victory:

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Looking forward to getting one of those stickers as well as meeting some people Friday evening at the campout before the event.

Rexsname

Explorer
The new schedule came out at work for this week..............I wont be able to make it after all. I am sorry.

all the best,

REX

SOAZ

RAIN IS POSSIBLE. THE CLEANUP IS ON RAIN OR SHINE. Please be prepared.
Thank you,
Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles