Four Leaf Clover Trailer Builds and Ideas

DannyLLama

Observer
@norcalscott @DannyLLama

Thanks guys!

That was a trip to Funnel Lake near Bishop, CA.

Nice and scenic trail with plenty of camping opportunities:
i-bt6z7Tm-L.jpg

Very cool! thanks for sharing. The roads up there are OK for the trailer? No crazy switch backs that may result in a roll over?
I can handle rocks and steep hills.

Soggoth

Very cool! thanks for sharing. The roads up there are OK for the trailer? No crazy switch backs that may result in a roll over?
I can handle rocks and steep hills.

Totally doable with the trailer. We made it solo with my wife and 3 yo daughter who loves jeep adventures :)
There are some switchbacks during the initial ascend. Few narrowish spots, but nothing too crazy, certainly not a roll over risk. After that it is mostly moderate trail with two shallow water crossings and a few rock gardens at the end. My main concern was heat (was over 100F on the switchbacks), but jeep did well with no overheating issues

mrjosh

Adventurer
Finally got the trailer set up to my liking. It was delivered in June. Trailer is on 37s (same as the Jeep) and has an external rack, allowing the lid to opened without affecting the gear on the rack. I added a front fridge slide with a clearview kitchen pantry that I previously used in my Jeep. I also added a smittybilt drawer to the rear and also 2 jerry cans using the ark top loading mounts.

Here are some pics from the most recent camping trip in Rockville, UT:

Soggoth

Small mod I did recently - added a pair of folding stabilizing jacks:

i-LsZRnpk-M.jpg
i-CPkj4Gd-M.jpg

With 33" tires it would require a piece of 4x4 or 2x4 to have jack reach the ground, but still more convenient than carrying pair of Curt jacks in the trailer and attaching them every time

Roam.Wild

With 33" tires it would require a piece of 4x4 or 2x4 to have jack reach the ground, but still more convenient than carrying pair of Curt jacks in the trailer and attaching them every time

I have the same ones on mine, love them and they really help

Johncmng

i-LsZRnpk-M.jpg
i-CPkj4Gd-M.jpg

Where did you purchase the jacks?

DannyLLama

Observer
Finally got the trailer set up to my liking. It was delivered in June. Trailer is on 37s (same as the Jeep) and has an external rack, allowing the lid to opened without affecting the gear on the rack. I added a front fridge slide with a clearview kitchen pantry that I previously used in my Jeep. I also added a smittybilt drawer to the rear and also 2 jerry cans using the ark top loading mounts.

Here are some pics from the most recent camping trip in Rockville, UT:

This rear sliding drawer is neat! did you have Simon build that out directly or did you add it after?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94