Four Leaf Clover Trailer Builds and Ideas

DannyLLama

Observer
Hi everyone and happy new year!

The purpose of this thread is to share all the various Four Leaf Clover builds from recent group buy.
Calling out to some of the others that have received their trailers or in the process ( @Soggoth @norcalscott @mrjosh @Kmrtnsn @cycleman4 @bruleto @Lbcdan )

I'll be adding some content down the line. For now, here some photos of my trailer.

FLC.JPG

trailer-jpeg.634914

Original group buy thread - https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...ler-group-buy-m416-style-closed.211913/page-3

Looking forward to other posts!!

vfly172

Observer
I recently got my four leaf clover trailer. I've added solar and a water heater and pump for shower. Looking for ideas for organizing storage.

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_212822_122_copy_910x505.jpg
    IMG_20210615_212822_122_copy_910x505.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210617_195151_copy_1152x864.jpg
    20210617_195151_copy_1152x864.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 59

Soggoth

Just finished a family trip to the Eastern Sierra:

20210722_194445-L.jpg

Trailer performed great and followed my jeep just fine both on and off road .

So far the only addition I made is a HighLift jack mount. Also thinking of adding some tiedowns to the lid, so I can carry some flat stuff like folded kitchen station on top of the trailer under the tent.

Here's the short video from the trail:

norcalscott

@Soggoth looks great! Do you mind sharing the approximate area you were in?

@DannyLLama good to see you out there enjoying it! I haven’t been out too much with mine but I have been making some modifications to it. We had to use it to evacuate from a fire that came close by (thankfully it went the other direction). I’ll post some photos of my new mods.

DannyLLama

Observer
Good news @norcalscott glad the fire didn't make it your way. I'd be interested in the rout @Soggoth took as well. Sierra's is one area on my list that i'd like to explore but with a trailer, I dont know where i would stuck.

Perhaps an trailer group trip is in order!

Edit - great video btw

Last edited:

norcalscott

@Soggoth thanks, I love the Bishop area - I will be going down that way in the next 12 months for sure. @DannyLLama a group trailer trip would be fun if it could be pulled together.

Here's a few pictures of mods I recently made to my trailer. I previously had the high rack but didn't really like the tent being up that high, and since it wouldn't fit in my garage, it was a major pain getting the trailer in and out - I came up with a ridiculous scheme to use my remaining two Jeep take off wheels, without tires on them, which got the trailer down to garage height. This worked, but it still made coming and going much more difficult since the tires and wheels would need to be changed out in the driveway.

I took off the tall rack and replaced it with two L-Track rails on each side, and I bought cross bars and a Trailer Awning Adjustable Brackets from Compact Camping Concepts (great store and service by the way) and I fabricated these to the L-Track rails, painted and bolted everything together.
1.jpg
Previously, I had my ARB awning mounted high up on the high rack. Now I needed a way to be able to raise the awning mount when setting up and lower it when stowing it. Camping Concepts builds a nice solution for this that should stand up to rugged trail driving - it involves using 2x 1.5" tubes to mount the awning to, and those slide down into holders that are slightly larger. Works really well.
3.jpg
To mount the tent, I decided to drill holes into the trailer top and mount the tent down into the trailer, which improves the security because you would need to open the trailer in order to remove the tent. Here it is all painted and mounted. I tow the awning turned in for driving and then just pull it up and rotate it with awning out when setting up camp. I am installing some security nuts for the awning to make it harder to steal, and will probably use a security cable to lock everything to the trailer.
4.jpg
I also had the annex for this tent, but now that it's lower, that won't work, so I got a screen/tent room for the Awning and man it is nice - this will provide room enough for the kitchen and even eating or hanging out in it. You could also sleep 3 people in here if you wanted, or one very large dog.
5.jpg
A look from the other side:
6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior