FOUND Vans For Sale!

justbecause

perpetually lost
Of all of those listed, the silver 2002 E350 V0 for $7900 is the best deal, even given the high mileage. It's not the best deal because it's the cheapest listed. It's the best deal (IMO) in terms of potential. Slap an MG kit under that and the value goes up 20 grand. An interior and it's another 20 grand. It will still be a high mileage van but proven and capable.
Sliding door kills it for me I just can't see taking the downsides regardless of the price

86scotty

Cynic
Sliding door kills it for me I just can't see taking the downsides regardless of the price

I used to be totally anti-slider. Then I bought a Transit mid roof (no barn door available) and liked it just fine. Now I have a 2010 AWD Express with a slider (conversion from a cargo van) and I'm ok with it too. A big reason we were against sliders was that when children were young they couldn't operate it themselves and also there is the noise when opening/closing. Not a big deal for us anymore since they are almost grown.

However, I do agree that in general a slider is not as user friendly for a camper van. You can't store anything in the door, no one makes a pop out window for a slider anymore (OEM anyway), etc. Also, there's the oversize tire problem.

NORDFORD

Thoughts on this one? The specs are nice, the underside pics and WV origin make me nervous about hidden rust.

Van shopping is slowly evolving from “this is fun” to “maybe I don’t need a van anyway after all this time”.

It’s history is weird to me. I’m also concerned with the “blanket” coat of spray used on the undercarriage. Also, black is HOT is the summer, but man is it sexy…

89s rule

Adventurer
All the good vans are gone.......for 3 times what they were worth.

Had mine up for months. No interest. Extremely surprised. You’d think a 7.3 with no rust and needs some work for under $4k would go quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86scotty

Cynic
Had mine up for months. No interest. Extremely surprised. You’d think a 7.3 with no rust and needs some work for under $4k would go quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is weird. Is it pink? Does it have 600k on it? Do you live in Hawaii?

Reactions: MSD

Edavies267

Willsfree

It’s nice, but...$$$?

2005 AWD Chevrolet Express Adventure Van - $38,000

Nice '05 van, but the drawers are so tall you can't sit up in bed; similar to sleeping in the back of a truck cab on a drawer insert. I set my bed frame low enough so I could sit up straight in bed. Primarily this was so I could do the horizontal mambo without throwing out my back or knocking myself out. I had a Lance camper for years, sleeping over the cab was like crawling into a casket. I set up a nest in the middle of the van, garage in the back; pop open the barn doors and take in the scenery :cool:

1628719550266.png

justbecause

perpetually lost
It’s nice, but...$$$?

2005 AWD Chevrolet Express Adventure Van - $38,000

There is something special about express vans I'm unaware of. Even before covid made everyone lose their minds, I would see express vans posted for significantly more than what it would cost to buy an e series and send it to ujoint for a complete 4x4 conversion.

wjeeper

Some of those awd express vans are stupid expensive, must have gold bars in the frames....... mine didn't

Listing my van. Love it, but we have an upcoming double international adoption that we need to fund (and our growing family will need bigger van soon)

2007 chevy express, 5.3l v8, factory AWD, 3.73 axle ratio, G80 rear locking differential, high top with rv vent, dual Optima batteries, recent paint and tires, lifted with weldtech custom springs in the rear, bilstien remote resi, shocks up front, 265/75r26 E rated tires, powdercoated wheels, behind the bumper which mount (which not included), insulated with dynamat and reflectix, carpeted interior, E-track on the walls, Bluetooth stereo, backup camera, added trailer hitch, perfect for vanlife, camper build, construction, hauling blank canvas for tons of uses
20210813_175818.jpg

20210813_175828.jpg

20210813_175755.jpgmore pics:
2007 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7374441

justbecause

perpetually lost
When we are looking at vans. Do ALL econoline vans have the mounts for rear seats? I just looked at one that had 2nd row captain chairs and the 3rd row that makes into a bed. I expected the bed to not be an oem frame mounted seat but the second row captains are just mounted on plates that are sheet metal screwed to the body. Are there mounting points under carpet and plywood that the conversion company installed?

eporter

Adventurer
Cargo vans never had factory seat attachment points. Most conversions are based on cargo vans, so there usually isn’t a factory engineered seat attachment point.

Don’t assume anything when it comes to safety. Most conversions are poorly done, even commercial ones. With that said, there are plenty of ways to properly secure seats. Also, the design of the seat needs to be appropriate such that it can be securely mounted and not buckle in a crash.

Scotty D

Some of those awd express vans are stupid expensive, must have gold bars in the frames....... mine didn't

Listing my van. Love it, but we have an upcoming double international adoption that we need to fund (and our growing family will need bigger van soon)

2007 chevy express, 5.3l v8, factory AWD, 3.73 axle ratio, G80 rear locking differential, high top with rv vent, dual Optima batteries, recent paint and tires, lifted with weldtech custom springs in the rear, bilstien remote resi, shocks up front, 265/75r26 E rated tires, powdercoated wheels, behind the bumper which mount (which not included), insulated with dynamat and reflectix, carpeted interior, E-track on the walls, Bluetooth stereo, backup camera, added trailer hitch, perfect for vanlife, camper build, construction, hauling blank canvas for tons of uses
View attachment 676295

View attachment 676296

View attachment 676297more pics:
2007 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7374441
Your link does not work.
Good looking van, what are you asking for it ?
Just curious as I already have one.
Would love to see pics of the inside

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles