FOUND Vans For Sale!

metalmedic

I've posted my project before but never had pics. Health issues forcing me to sell. I'm located in South Florida. 2001 E350 XLT 7.3 279k 15 passenger. Was going to do 4X4 swap and have 2008 F350 3.73 axles, 17" alloy wheels w/spare, 4R100 7.3 4x4 trans, NV271 man shift, 08+ Front end parts: hood, chrome and black grills, fenders, headlight bezels, towing mirrors, altezza taillights. Large aluminum fuel cell to be modified for conversion.
Now the bad...sitting waiting for me to replace the water pump, mice moved in and chewed some wires in engine bay and now won't start. Originally from New Jersey and does have some rust around rear fenders lips and around rear roof drip edge.
Would like to sell as a package if possible $3,500

Attachments

• 063433F4-5537-4AB4-BCE2-439AA3E8B2E5.jpeg
    063433F4-5537-4AB4-BCE2-439AA3E8B2E5.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • F595E289-40D4-41AC-8056-51D690AA808D.jpeg
    F595E289-40D4-41AC-8056-51D690AA808D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • 6AD2D324-168E-4FF6-8DEC-13041499C91F.jpeg
    6AD2D324-168E-4FF6-8DEC-13041499C91F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
  • D17F70F9-18E2-4884-828F-AAE4C971FE94.jpeg
    D17F70F9-18E2-4884-828F-AAE4C971FE94.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 59
  • 83 VAN SERVICE HISTORY.pdf
    49.8 KB · Views: 3

nyyankees588

I've posted my project before but never had pics. Health issues forcing me to sell. I'm located in South Florida. 2001 E350 XLT 7.3 279k 15 passenger. Was going to do 4X4 swap and have 2008 F350 3.73 axles, 17" alloy wheels w/spare, 4R100 7.3 4x4 trans, NV271 man shift, 08+ Front end parts: hood, chrome and black grills, fenders, headlight bezels, towing mirrors, altezza taillights. Large aluminum fuel cell to be modified for conversion.
Now the bad...sitting waiting for me to replace the water pump, mice moved in and chewed some wires in engine bay and now won't start. Originally from New Jersey and does have some rust around rear fenders lips and around rear roof drip edge.
Would like to sell as a package if possible $3,500
Man... that's a pretty solid deal for somebody looking for a project. Unfortunately not a position that I'm in at the moment...

eporter

Adventurer
I'm a sucker for these red cross ERVs. I hadn't seen one on the older style Econoline, though.

1991 Ford E350 Super Duty - 32k Miles - $6990
1991 Ford E350 Super Duty
Previous Emergency Response Vehicle (not used as an ambulance but a similar setup)
Very low original miles : 32,517 miles
5.8L V8
Automatic Transmission
Tires have a lot of tread left
Clean Title
No accidents
Recently pass CA smog

This van is in amazing condition both inside and out. It runs and drives great. It is equipped with a heating and air conditioning system for rear area. The rear area has several cabinets, two seats with seatbelts, overhead lighting, aluminum and rubber flooring, opening window on the right side, a window on the left side, side and rear flood lights, a handheld spotlight, a receiver hitch, and a passageway pass through to the driver's area.

This would be a perfect vehicle for a contractor, plumber, electrician, or Dooms Day Peppers! Could also be used to haul motorcycles or converted into a campervan, custom motor home or a tiny house. I have included measurements of the inside cabin area below.

Inisde cabin length: 147"
width: 90"
height: 78"

Attachments

• exp1.jpg
    exp1.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 47
  • exp2.jpg
    exp2.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 46

eporter

Adventurer
This 4x4 Fire Dept. ambo is so classic:
1986 Ford E350 4x4 Ambulance Camper Van LOW LOW MILES DUALLY ONE OWNER - $10000

1986 Ford Econoline 350 with the 4x4 conversion with manual locking front Hubs and Braun ambulance body. Has the 460 with only 23,400 original miles and a C6 , 3 speed automatic transmission. It is a Dually ( DRW ) with Airbags on the back, all the Emergency lights still work if you want to use it as an ambulance or Search and rescue, lights and turn signals all work. Tag on the dash says 8’4” tall and weighs 10,100 pounds, the inside back portion is 11’7” long 65” tall and a little over 4’ wide, you can plug in the van to an extension cord shore power 120v ac and the plugins work on the inside. This ambulance was bought brand new and was owned by the City of Cle Elum, Washington, until earlier this year and they kept the front bumper to put on the new ambulance, the ambulance body built by Braun has heavy duty locking cabinets and all the locks work very well. Tons of storage cabinets inside in great shape and the bench in the back has 3 seatbelts on it that you can seatbelt 3 passengers or you can seatbelt a Patient or your passed out friend laying down on the bench. Maintenance records included since 2006. Runs and drives pretty good, little play in the steering but corners awesome, tiny exhaust leak that has been addressed before in the maintenance records and it’s probably time for a tune up. I bought this van to make the ultimate adventure van but plans have changed. Phone number is in the pics $10,000 call and text

Attachments

• exp1.jpg
    exp1.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 29

nyyankees588

Same dealer is selling a 2002 E450 ERV w/ the 7.3. Twice the price, but a bit more modern.

There have been 3 of these on Copart during the past couple of weeks. All early 2000s, all 7.3, all with under 100k miles. Obviously being Copart there's no guarantee on their condition, but since they're pretty standard red cross, I'd assume they got decent service. I haven't seen final sale prices (hard to see on Copart), but I'm pretty sure they all went for under $5k.

eporter

Adventurer
There have been 3 of these on Copart during the past couple of weeks. All early 2000s, all 7.3, all with under 100k miles. Obviously being Copart there's no guarantee on their condition, but since they're pretty standard red cross, I'd assume they got decent service. I haven't seen final sale prices (hard to see on Copart), but I'm pretty sure they all went for under $5k.

Wow! What are they listed as on Copart? I know the Red Cross came up with a new ERV design that is more like a sprinter ambo. Probably retiring some of the fleet. These things seem like such a great expo kinda build in stock form.

nyyankees588

Wow! What are they listed as on Copart? I know the Red Cross came up with a new ERV design that is more like a sprinter ambo. Probably retiring some of the fleet. These things seem like such a great expo kinda build in stock form.

I hate to give away my searches because I know the expo portal crowd is great at driving up prices.... BUT realistically I can't buy all of the things I think I'm going to buy. hahah. They don't come up as anything special. Just search by make/model, you can add in things like motor (diesel) that will get you those specifically. Idk if those three were an anomaly (two were definitely at the same yard, so likely retired by the same red cross) or if they come up often. If you had the proper money to upfit them (4x4, SRW swap), they'd make an incredible rig. Since they're red cross it seems like they are typically lower than 100k miles as well, which is wild. Now is the time to get them... 7.3s are getting hard to find in good condition.

eporter

Adventurer
I hate to give away my searches because I know the expo portal crowd is great at driving up prices....
Ha, I found one right as you were typing this. Copart makes it challenging to search as is, there are so many different names for an econoline van... I wasn't sure if they'd added some kind of "governmental" kind of listing for ambos, highway dept trucks, etc. Kinda surprised they're on copart and not govdeals.

nyyankees588

Ha, I found one right as you were typing this. Copart makes it challenging to search as is, there are so many different names for an econoline van... I wasn't sure if they'd added some kind of "governmental" kind of listing for ambos, highway dept trucks, etc. Kinda surprised they're on copart and not govdeals.

Yep, there ya go. The biggest downside I've noticed so far is that they all seem to come from rust belt states so the under bodies are likely not in great shape.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rebuilder

Builder of Things That Interest Me
Same dealer is selling a 2002 E450 ERV w/ the 7.3. Twice the price, but a bit more modern.

I picked one of these up last Nov off Ebay for $9500 and it's a great platform for a camper conversion. Extremely well built and everything is nice and square with plenty of aluminum frame structure to mount to. Would definitely recommend getting one if you get a chance. I plan on starting a build thread soon.

eporter

Adventurer
So I had a ‘97 ambo and was amazed at how well it was built. Then I got a gutted 2000 Chinook and was amazed by the space. The ERV seems to combine the best of both worlds. Well-made, lots of space, plus the utility of the dual rear doors. Maybe someday...

Rebuilder

Builder of Things That Interest Me

Did someone here buy this? The auction was at $1500ish but a Buy it Now price of $2500 popped up and I was so tempted to buy it. Such a good deal.

nyyankees588

Did someone here buy this? The auction was at $1500ish but a Buy it Now price of $2500 popped up and I was so tempted to buy it. Such a good deal.
The copart auctions are super hard to follow - they never show the price that it sold at once the auction is over... sometimes they sell online, other times they sell at the auction lot and the online bidding doesn't reflect the in-person bidding... that would be incredible if somebody got it for $2,500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles