FOUND Vans For Sale!

tanr

Hey Guys,

Big-time lurker on the forums. I made a snap decision on a 4x4 van and am wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than me can help me out with some info. The VIN comes up as a Ford F-250/350/450 truck on all the VIN checker sites and I'm not sure if that's normal. It's supposedly a Quigley but I checked Quigley site and it doesn't recognize the VIN. I also don't see the standard Q logos on the front fenders but there's some kind of red 4x4 logo on the back door that I don't recognize. Any help identifying what this thing really is would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Ford-E-Series-Van-XL-/293110573422?nma=true&si=9hMh8EoywVzSSoI5RQ8B6oZtqsk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

sackettmw

Hey Guys,

Big-time lurker on the forums. I made a snap decision on a 4x4 van and am wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than me can help me out with some info. The VIN comes up as a Ford F-250/350/450 truck on all the VIN checker sites and I'm not sure if that's normal. It's supposedly a Quigley but I checked Quigley site and it doesn't recognize the VIN. I also don't see the standard Q logos on the front fenders but there's some kind of red 4x4 logo on the back door that I don't recognize. Any help identifying what this thing really is would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Looks like a Quigley emblem on RR door. Can't tell what the red logo is either. That's a Quigley shifter and light on the dash. Seems like incorrect VIN. I would get seller to verify VIN.

eporter

Adventurer
That seems like a great deal. Too great? Kinda weird description and odometer is in kilometers? Seller has seemingly decent feedback so it’s probably legit?

Jsweezy

Explorer
My van is still for sale.

2010 e-series 4wd coil kit conversion with less than 35k miles. High top, dual battery system, fridge, etc..

Deshet

Adventurer
Hey Guys,

Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Ford-E-Series-Van-XL-/293110573422?nma=true&si=9hMh8EoywVzSSoI5RQ8B6oZtqsk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I have owned a few Quigleys and they always show up as Quigleys.
Call Quigley they are extremely nice and keep extremely good records.
I would not send any money until you see the van.
I have 2 Canadian trucks now and the VINs decode properly. (Carproof the Canadian Carfax shows a 2012 Ford F250 SRW)
Maybe they got the VINs mixed up but that is not the VIN to that van. I believe that it is a Quigley. I saw a similar van about 2 years ago that was sold as export only.

Maybe the axles came from a "2012 Ford F Series Pickup V-8 6.2 L"

If the Van shows that as the VIN it may be stolen, someone wanted/needed to change the VIN, or something similar...The VIN number shows up in several places. I doubt they changed it everywhere correctly.
A guy I know did something similar to illegally import a Skyline, his Skyline became a 240sx. There is a guy in my area driving a late 1990s to early 2000s 4x4 sprinter with Virginia plates, he got nervous when I asked how he got it into the country. The seller has good feedback but something isn't right.

Based on the price you paid it is a great deal, as long as it isn't stolen. You may run into challenges if your state does emissions testing. It may be worth bringing a good OBDII scanner. Forscan is free...It seems to do as much as my AE software at $500.00. I bought a $25.00 dongle on Amazon and installed Forscan on a junk laptop. It will resolve the VIN on a 2012 Ford.

Thanks

Last edited:

tanr

Thank you guys, definitely appreciate the feedback!! I'm waiting on more info (like the actual VIN) and no moneys until I see it in-person. Thanks on the OBDII scanner tip too!

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Hey everyone, I'm toying with the idea of converting to van life, quite possibly full time and made the mistake of browsing Craigslist today. Was wondering what the consensus on this van was:

It is a Quigley vin. Would prefer the diesel, but willing to consider a good deal. Don't know much about the Chevy express vans, have been looking for a Ford but so far out of the price range. I do have previous experience with a 94 awd astro tiger conversion, which was awesome but had some issues and couldn't get out of its own way.

We are nowhere ready to hit the road full time, probably looking at about a 2 year time period, but am on the lookout for a good reliable deal that we could start working on now while getting life in order, on a budget. Should we go check it out in person, or keep looking?

Deshet

Adventurer
Hey everyone, I'm toying with the idea of converting to van life, quite possibly full time and made the mistake of browsing Craigslist today. Was wondering what the consensus on this van was:

It is a Quigley vin. Would prefer the diesel, but willing to consider a good deal. Don't know much about the Chevy express vans, have been looking for a Ford but so far out of the price range. I do have previous experience with a 94 awd astro tiger conversion, which was awesome but had some issues and couldn't get out of its own way.

We are nowhere ready to hit the road full time, probably looking at about a 2 year time period, but am on the lookout for a good reliable deal that we could start working on now while getting life in order, on a budget. Should we go check it out in person, or keep looking?

Don't toy around too long a Chevy 4x4 van is extremely rare. The 4.8 isn't a powerhouse but they are good engines. I would be surprised if it lasts through the weekend. The 4x4 conversion would cost nearly what than the Van is selling for.

Thanks

sackettmw

Looks like a good one to me. A desert (non rusted) Quigley express is pretty hard to find. 4.8 easily swapped for a 6.0 later if you want more power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles