FOUND Vans For Sale!

eblau

Adventurer
i believe the older vans have a flat drip rail and the newer have sort of a tear drop where it tapers in the rear. probably other stuff too but that makes the biggest difference in the top as far as fitment goes. Still a stupid deal on that van to build as-is!!!

eporter

Adventurer
Just the generator and the A/C are probably worth the price if you can make them run again. Are the tops for the old van suited for the post 92 body? If so, that would be a great deal for someone close to Baltimore.

That Falcon would look cool all cleaned up. Looks like a leaky time capsule... AND, what's better than original, 1984 tires that "still hold air"?! Yikes. I'd trailer that to the tire shop...

86scotty

Cynic
Just the generator and the A/C are probably worth the price if you can make them run again. Are the tops for the old van suited for the post 92 body? If so, that would be a great deal for someone close to Baltimore.

Illusions of grandeur

eblau

Adventurer
i think you mean delusions but for those of us with more imagination and determination than money in the bank that van could be something really cool.... it all starts with a dream, even if it's a fever dream! lol

86scotty

Cynic
i think you mean delusions but for those of us with more imagination and determination than money in the bank that van could be something really cool.... it all starts with a dream, even if it's a fever dream! lol

I'm thinking you don't know me at all. I build vans, not buy them. That one looks like lots and lots of work. I like work......to a point.

Illusions vs. delusions. Google says you are correct. Funny, I've never heard delusions of grandeur, however I've heard (and had) illusions of grandeur all my life. :D

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I guess worst case its a neglected pile of **** BUT its a 7.3 and a 1 ton chassis so I think for the money, unless its rusty, you couldn't go wrong.

Towed because of tires and a battery... seems like there’s more to it. A jump will resolve the battery issue, and the tires seem to hold air.

Makes me wonder about the brakes and trans.

That said, years back our former tenant flew his dad and brother out to drive his van home (across the country). They took one look at it and left saying it was too old to make the trip without even sitting in it. It was a mid 70s Chevy van with 60k miles on it, a l6, three on the tree, and no rust). He flew out several months later, had the local shop give it a once over and service a couple things, and drove it 4000 miles home. So people have weird perceptions sometimes.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
When I bought my old camper van, the ad said it had to be towed. When I talked to the guy on the phone, he said that was because it was his dad's, who died years before, and it was in the driveway at his mom's house and she didn't want anyone working on it in the driveway.

So sometimes "must be towed" means, "pull it out onto the street before messing with it".

Raul

Adventurer
Passenger Eurovan in Austin, TX $8,500.

00N0N_l7MVGxIxb5s_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_kSBvRJPY2mR_600x450.jpg

00g0g_eHIwLWShKFL_600x450.jpg

These seats would have worked sooooo well on my build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz