FOUND Vans For Sale!

eporter

Adventurer
1978 P35 Diesel Short Bus Conversion Van...Tall Roof! - $12000
https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/diesel-short-bus-conversion/6706123766.html
00F0F_6BaZ9NYzYmR_1200x900.jpg

Possible to finish the 4x4 conversion?

"I swapped in a 6.5L non-turbo motor out of a 1995 delivery van. It is not a hp monster, but it is extremely reliable and gets great mpg (over 20mpg) which is what you want for a traveling bus! It is mated to a 700r4 overdrive transmission, which means you can do freeway speeds.

It is built on a p35 van chassis, not a truck chassis: So the front section where you sit is very open and spacious, compared to most short buses where you have to duck into the driving position. You can see everything as you cruise.

I left the 4x4 transfer case on the transmission so that you could swap in a straight axle up front and make this into a 4x4 P35! I have only ever seen or heard of one of these! Have all the 4x4 linkage and levers for conversion that comes with it."

Pangle

Wanderer
Im def considering one of these.. Been watching them since they came on. The good part about these is their location. Although it is on the other side of the county from me R&D IDI performance is two hours away from where they are. I would buy it and drive it straight to R&D and have them do a complete turbo kit!

eporter

Adventurer
D’oh! Now I see I can click the “next” button to see the next pic. Was late at night... those look good inside, clean and low mileage. The trip to the turbo shop would be a nice upgrade. Wonder what the reserves are on all these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles