FOUND Vans For Sale!

grampswrx

Observer
If you are looking for a way to search nationwide on Craigslist for a van and have an apple phone, try BRZO. I found it a year ago and it’s amazing. It only searches cars but you can save the searches and it gives some good market data. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86scotty

Cynic
If you are looking for a way to search nationwide on Craigslist for a van and have an apple phone, try BRZO. I found it a year ago and it’s amazing. It only searches cars but you can save the searches and it gives some good market data. Just a thought.

$9.99 for that app? I was going to try it but it's got to be pretty amazing for that much.

grampswrx

Observer

$9.99 for that app? I was going to try it but it's got to be pretty amazing for that much.

Weird. When I bought it it was $.99. Oh well.

danfromsyr

Adventurer
not mine jut stumbled across the ad
has a pseudo vw camper interior in it.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-ford-econoline-e150/6554345306.html
1989 Ford Econoline E150 w/Pathfinder 4x4 van - $9000 (Milton, VT)

00n0n_cNViCa93GLu_600x450.jpg

As much as it pains me to list this it is time for this beauty to move on to a new owner and get used like it was intended to. This is ALPH(Adventure Living Perfect Home) and I am the 3rd owner of this 1989 E150. It has some issues and I will try and be as up front as possible about everything so there is no confusion as to what you are getting here. The second owner got this off eBay as a barn find where it sat for approx. 20 years with all the fluids still in it. Apparently the gas and oil didn't sit well over all that time and he replaced the original motor and lines with a 1992 Ford F150 Windsor engine. Approximate mileage on the motor is 40,000 and 70,000 on the chassis. This van was originally not a conversion van even though it has the raised roof, it was a unique party/tailgate van with a horshoe shaped seat and shag carpet. The second owner built a bed over it all and used it for kayak adventures in Colorado before relisting it on eBay. I bought this from owner #2 and drove it from Denver into Utah down to New Mexico and across the South and then up here to Vermont where it has been ever since. I knew immediately upon seeing it that I would be gutting the interior and putting in the cabinets and bed from a 1982 VW Westfalia. I have pictures documenting the entire interior rebuild but in a nutshell it got reflectix sound dampening underlayment, Home Depot hardwood flooring, and rubber mat flooring in the back. The cockpit has a soft mat flooring in it pieced together around the seats and the 4 wheel drive shifting lever. The VW stove and sink are still in like new condition but there is no plumbing or propane hookups in it. The couch folds down into a bed just like you would see in any VW van. I included a picture before the couch/bed went in because as you can see this would be the ideal route to put your kayak and or bikes in it then you can leave them outside at night and put an air mattress on the floor to sleep in. It does have a tow package if you prefer the trailer hitch bike racks, as far as the roof goes it is fiberglass but that is 29 years old so if you want to put a rack on top that is your choice, it's a pretty tall vehicle as it is. The passenger seat does spin to the back in true captains chair fashion. So that is the story on this and below is the known issues.

When this thing is driving it is the most comfortable riding van out there with the long wheelbase, the 4x4 suspension, and the super comfy leather captains chairs. The biggest issue is something in the motor likes to stall out after it has been up to highway speeds but only at a stop. If you filled both tanks and got on the interstate it rides like adream but when you get off the exit ramp and come to a stop it sputters and then stalls out. It ALWAYS starts right back up and gets you where you need to go and after awhile we just got used to it. It does have a fairly new starter as you can imagine it does put some wear on it. Unfortunately it was looked at by some of the most incompetent mechanics in Burlington and the issue was never resolved. Smaller issues include speedomoter/odometer cable snapped but we know the mileage put on it since it stopped and we used a gps unit for a speedometer. The A/C compressor seized up years ago, front and back, but this would need the newer gas system now anyways. I removed the rear compressor but the 4 lines are still intact underneath. The switches for the power windows need replaced but the motors are fine, drivers side was hotwired for awhile.
I had a very nice Kenwood Bluetooth stereo and 2 speakers professionally installed and it sounds great. The windshield is cracked from top to bottom and won't pass inspection as is.

So that is it, we are selling this to make way for a new conversion of a shuttle bus to tiny home and need ALPH out of the way. I have no doubt that with some TLC this van will bring someone alot of good times and memories. $9000 OBRO and PLEASE understand what the R stands for, I am not desperate to sell it this so please no low ball/insulting offers. I've been upfront with the issues and expect resonable repsonses/offers. If I don't get what I'm looking for I'll put the money into it and sell it for much more. NO SCAMMERS, I've heard all your lame stories and attempts, don't waste our time.

Thanks for looking.

Byzantine51

I always use SearchTempest for my CL and eBay searches. It uses the Google boolean search functions and allows you to use the Google search options like quotation marks around phrases and minus symbols to eliminate words from a search. It crawls all of CL for you and gives you like, 15 different region areas that cover the entire country. It's really useful.

MaxSpeed

RC000E

Sold our 84 passenger Thomas bus fellas and decided to go smaller. I really want a passenger van and am leaning heavily toward Ford E350. Have about 5k...am I screwed? I see a lot of the "ideal" vans being like 8k+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles