FOUND Vans For Sale!

wjeeper

I have seen a similar conversion on a truck. They just took a 4x4 and lopped off the frame after the transfer case and ran it on the front axle. Apparently it needed a new transfer case and/or chain swapped annually.

Deshet

Adventurer
That's super interesting. Never heard of a FWD conversion on an E series. With how low that floor is, it makes you wonder if there is even a chassis back there, I wonder if there is enough room to put a rear driveshaft back in.

It is usually done for mobility reasons. Most of these can kneel and drop the first step really low for the elderly.

Deshet

Adventurer
Not really knowing much about Japanese Vans, I wonder how they compare to the Toyota 4x4 Van that we had here through 1986. My father-in-laws neighbor has a 2wd one and he won't consider selling it. I assume that the Delica competed against the Toyota in Japan. Even the awd Toyota Previas have the ability to get off the beaten path and they are cheap.

Toyota-van-4x4.jpg

131_0902_06_zfebruary_2009_4x4_trucks1995_toyota_previa.jpg

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
Not really knowing much about Japanese Vans, I wonder how they compare to the Toyota 4x4 Van that we had here through 1986. My father-in-laws neighbor has a 2wd one and he won't consider selling it. I assume that the Delica competed against the Toyota in Japan. Even the awd Toyota Previas have the ability to get off the beaten path and they are cheap.

View attachment 423511

View attachment 423512
Google for videos on the Delica, especially Russian videos and you'll see the Delica are way more capable.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Deshet

Adventurer
I have seen some of the Russian Videos, but without seeming offensive.......they usually look like a bunch of idiots that don't know what they are doing. They seem to enjoy rope pulls and it always seems like the person driving has very little experience. I also have diffculty listening to tetris music while watching off-road videos.

Deshet

Adventurer
I was about to start heading to long island and then saw that he is only selling the box for $7500 which is ridiculous. I don't think that many 6x6 Defenders are floating around NY that would need the box. An Isuzu diesel powered defender would have been a no-brainer for that price.

eporter

Adventurer
This looks like a lot of fun. Only 16' long, looks bigger when you forget the scale.

Toyota Hiace CAMPER ACE 470, 1991 Diesel 2.4cc 4X4 (RHD) - $24000

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvd/d/toyota-hiace-camper-acediesel/6366474130.html

1991 year Toyota Hiace Truck, Motorhome,
SEKISO BODY.
CAMPER ACE 470.
Directly import from Japan, RHD-JDM.
4x4 Turbo Diesel ,
Motor home Fiberglass body.
For 10 passengers.
Size:
Length - Width-Height.
494 cm 196cm 264cm
16,2 x 6,43 x 8,66 feet inch.
Weight: 2360kg ( 5192).
G/Weight: 2800kg (6160)
Transmission: manual 5 gear with low range H2-H4-L4.
Manual locking axle Hubs.
Engine model:
2440cc
Diesel model 2L.
Vin:
LH850012140
W/A/C.
Only 66600 ml original !!!
Auction grade 3.5!
has upper and lower sleeper area.
Shower.
Microwave.
Sink and stove.
Awning FIAMMA F45.
Air Top 2000ST
Diesel heater Webasto, 2.0kW/29 kW, 2009year, 12V. Made in Germany.
Arriving in Seattle WA approximately in End of November.
Street legal in USA
Clear WA title after arriving.
Video:
after arriving.
Video in Japan:
https://youtu.be/VhRleHa5cpg

exp1.jpg

whoskis

Finally selling the van, out of time for this project, gotta thin the herd. Going to be Heart broken but time for a different vehicle for a bit. Just swooped up a Tundra for a good deal. Plus I can haul my Snow Pony waayyy easier.

2000 E350 7.3 4" UJOR kit 200k $12k

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-e350-custom-lifted-van/6379435422.html

Partial UJOR conversion, needs Tcase and Driveline
Partial interior build, happy to take photos and provide much more info for interested parties.

email in CL post is best.

Deshet

Adventurer
Finally selling the van, out of time for this project, gotta thin the herd. Going to be Heart broken but time for a different vehicle for a bit. Just swooped up a Tundra for a good deal. Plus I can haul my Snow Pony waayyy easier.

2000 E350 7.3 4" UJOR kit 200k $12k

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-e350-custom-lifted-van/6379435422.html

Partial UJOR conversion, needs Tcase and Driveline
Partial interior build, happy to take photos and provide much more info for interested parties.

email in CL post is best.

It seems like you are leaving a lot of money on the table for what seems like less than a $1000 in parts. Does the Ujoint kit usually swap transmission tail ends like Quigley or go with a 4x4 transmission? I guess that is probably a DIYer decision to make. I guess it is likely a wash either way with the transmission work and labor.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles