FOUND Vans For Sale!

wheresmikeys

Observer
on fleabay now
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Dodge-A100-Camp-Wagon-camper-/292060216441

s-l1600.jpg

SWEET Van. Seems like the top should have been turned 180 degrees for aerodynamic purposes.

zuke

Adventurer
Not a Virginia Beach truck. If people are interested send me a PM. I am not sure what is fair but I would take $6000 for it. Most won't have a use for it but it has a $15,000 prison transport system in the back by Havis. It is bolted in place. I need to get pictures ASAP.

Just a suggestion, If you can find somewhere that might be able to take that transport system as a tax deductible donation, take it out and donate it before you sell the van. If you can do that, $15,000 off your taxable income would be pretty significant!

Deshet

Adventurer
Just a suggestion, If you can find somewhere that might be able to take that transport system as a tax deductible donation, take it out and donate it before you sell the van. If you can do that, $15,000 off your taxable income would be pretty significant!

That is a good idea. I would just need to find a police department that wanted it. I would let an agency have it for free if they removed it and provided me with an invoice saying that I donated it to them. (zipcode 23323) (not a private person a police agency) I am on the fence about selling it. I am considering making it into a weekend camper van for my son that is going away to snowy college area. It would be big enough to move all of his stuff every semster and it will handle the snow. It is either this or an older awd lexus or older landcruiser. I think this may be more reliable then a old landcruiser and get better fuel mileage and no expensive timing belts. If I don't get started on the project I will let it go for $6000.00 but once I start I think that we will finish it. Working a deal on a newer wrecked RV now.

I don't know if the police vans have any features to make them more heavy duty like the cars but I am looking into that also.

Hoping to turn this

IMG950542.jpg

Into This....Does anyone know whos van this is or if it has a build thread
rocker_assembly.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:

eporter

Adventurer
Some kinda van/big truck hybrid...?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/6057174149.html

exp1.JPGexp3.JPG

"I have a 92 ford 250 econoline van with a 3208 T cat diesel and an automatic Alison transmission. It is built on a medium duty frame. Built to tow nearly anything.

We as a family built it as a work rig in about forty days, the thing is an awesome rig and can go darn near anywhere. The interior is pretty stock, minus the carpet, it is kinda dirty, but nothing a little bit of elbow grease can't clean. The front seats were pulled out awhile back for another project. It runs drives, but due to the lack of seats up front it wouldn't be safe or legal for road test, but we can for surely turn her on and even move it around to prove functionality.

It is not 4wd, but as stated previously, it can go just about anywhere."

tmo2460

Observer
1997 Ford E-350 Ambulance 7.3L 54k $9,500

I'm passively looking for a project van and I came across this in my area:

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/6054939375.html

Looks like a great starting point for a really awesome 4x4 project, has a Dana 60 on hand that could be purchased with it.

I'm married to the van body so this one isn't for me.

aCab

Observer
I'm passively looking for a project van and I came across this in my area:

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/6054939375.html

Looks like a great starting point for a really awesome 4x4 project, has a Dana 60 on hand that could be purchased with it.

I'm married to the van body so this one isn't for me.

Wish I would have seen this two weeks ago. Really wanted a Mini Mod but they are pretty hard to find out here in CA. 1997 means pre emissions, and sounds like no rust and low miles.

eporter

Adventurer
Not a van... but a lot like the truck based ambos, that are a lot like vans... and it's A MOBILE SAUNA!

I've always thought one of these big boxes would be a good RV base. If only it was 4WD to get up to the snow...

$3600

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6053056981.html

"This Is a Cedar Lined Traveling Sauna Truck complete with wood burning rocket stove for heat and steam production. ONE of a Kind. Must see to appreciate. Some Minor repairs needed. Make me an offer.., leaving soon for Overseas. Pre-owned Government/State vehicle that was maintained regularly and has plenty of get up and go."

exp1.JPG

exp2.JPG

exp3.JPG

eporter

Adventurer
When I saw Syracuse, I shuddered from the horrors of salt. 10 years later, and my '83 FJ60 has some cancer, even with just sparingly driving it in the winter there and lots of car washes on Erie Blvd...

Good on them for sparing it from winter use. It's funny how "southern car" really has meaning when buying used up there.

aCab, how hard are Minimods to find? I've got a '97 I bought from my neighbor a couple years back. I guess I haven't really seen many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94