FOUND Vans For Sale!

cjken

Explorer
Yea that would make a bada$$ camper.
It does appear to still be set up for service. If the time comes for something bigger I'll look toward something like that. I don't love the look of the top kick front end though.
I prefer the international like the terrastar or something like that

Italia64

Observer
Here's an interesting one. Syncro T3 with Audi V6
168.jpg

T3 Syncro

dleeallen

Adventurer
2004 E350 Quigley with Penthouse

Here's one I was considering. Deal won't work out for me this time.

Looks like the rear shoulder belts and rear interior trim is missing to make room for the bed platform. Otherwise seems pretty good condition for a New England rig and an ok price.

2004 Ford E-350 Quigley Penthouse

Picture of the frame they sent me:
van.jpg

Attachments

• van1.jpg
    van1.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 45
Seems like they don't know what they have. I see no mention of the pop-top anywhere in the ad. They must be thinking "gee, this van has a funny roof"

dleeallen

Adventurer
Yea it's strange they don't mention it at all. He definitely knows it's there but certainly isn't very knowledgable. Sounds like they weren't even sure they could retail it. The rust is what concerns me the most though. It was owned in Mass all it's life. No telling how much salt it's seen. And based on the pics he sent me it's definitely got some frame rust started. No telling how soon it will show on the rockers and doors. Be a shame to have it rot out in a couple years.

MorrieSugg - you think it's worth much more than that? No interior done - so it's really just a passenger van with Quigley and a top. If no rust I would say probably a bit more, but this feels close to right. Especially with the 5.4 gas motor.

I'm not an expert, but it seems like a half decent deal to me (depending on the rust extent). $20k seems like the bare minimum to add a pop top and 4wd to a van. On the other hand...would you spend that kind of money to add those things to a rusted van? Even if it was free?

eporter

Adventurer
I wonder what the weight is of the box on the service van with the big body on the back? More or less than an ambo? I'm thinking more since its steel, but it's hard to say. The ambo boxes sure are built sturdy, and heavy. Cool Windows, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz