FOUND Vans For Sale!

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
http://houston.craigslist.org/rvs/4485016372.html

00s0s_2Rt3UgaUJ1y_600x450.jpg

southpier

Expedition Leader
1987 Gruman GMC van

I have a friend who offered me this for 2,500$. don't think it's been started for awhile as he's been using it for a storage shed since it was parked a couple of years ago. would make a great project with only 77K on the clock.1987 Gruman GMC.jpg

I thought I was going to buy a van but it looks like I'm going to keep rolling in my 60 for a bit longer.

Here are the vehicles I found:

1988 E350 6.9L IDI high roof. $5k in Beaverton: https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4501626724.html

1996 E350 7.3L PowerStroke. $5800 or trade+cash in St. Louis MO. Has some rust around the sills but I bet there are lots of E350 body panels out there. Frame reported solid. Owner sounded honest on the phone. Well maintained. 240k miles. https://stlouis.craigslist.org/bar/4510535406.html

1987 E350 7.3L IDI Extended. $4900 in socal. PO swapped in ambulance package 4wd. Shifts hard because of wrong transmission electronics. Includes a transmission ready to be swapped in. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/4509005225.html

Enjoy, good luck, and happy hunting.

speedtre

Explorer
1996 FORD DIESEL 4X4 VAN - $7500 (east greenwich)

No affiliation...

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/4517252346.html

00E0E_9hYF8lFAbOU_600x450.jpg

1996 4X6 VAN WITH DUALLY CONVERSION 7.4 L POWER-STROKE DIESEL AND SEATING FOR FIVE
PERFECT FOR MOUNTAIN BIKE, SURF VAN, MOTOCROSS
120,000 MILES

The front Axle is from a 2005 F-350 w/single rear wheels , the VIN from that truck is on the door of the van
Whenever ordering parts , such as brakes or anything else , the question will come up "Is it single or dual rear wheels" , always respond with single.
Steering & Suspension (front)
The steering box , pitman arm and drag link are for the 1996 Econoline.
The tie rod sleeve was custom built by a machine shop here in Southbridge , you have the 'slug' for one of the ends if you ever need one ( but I doubt you'll ever have to change it )
The remaining steering parts are for the 2005 F-350
The front coil spring are from "Skyjacker" , they are for the 2" lift for an F-350 as the front shocks.
Rear Suspension
BOTH rear leaf springs were replaced in 2006
Brake lines were replaced in 2006 with 'Polyarmor coated lines' , except the one short one going to the LF brake hose
Both Transmission cooling lines were replaced 6 months ago with 'Polyarmor coated lines'
Shock replacement , there should be a number engraved on the the shocks , they are from RANCHO
The transfer case is from a 1988 GM 3/4 ton . It was a rebuilt unit we got from a transmission shop in Worcester,MA
The driveshafts are custom built by "Mitchell Drivetrain" from Shrewsbury , MA
The fuel cell was chopped , but we used a brand new tank to avoid any rust issues . We also replaced the 'Low pressure' pump with a brand new one from FORD.
In 2007 we added the dually setup
The solid steel spacers are from "ARROWCRAFT"
They have special lug nuts that hold them on to the original wheel studs
'Red loctite' is REQUIRED ( by the manufacturer ) when reinstalling them
Rear rims
Are for the 1996 E-350
My game plan was , when the tires wore down , was to purchase (4) DODGE Steel 17" rims , center bore them to the FORD size and have them powder coated.
Then Purchase (2) new 17" FORD steel rims and have them powder coated as well )
Rear Fenders came out of TEXAS , I think the company changed owners/names , I'll try and get some more info
Kill switch mounted in the drivers seat kills the power to the 'Fuel injection module'
Seats are from a Dodge Caravan ( they were much more comfortable than the FORD ones ) , early 2000's ( maybe like 04 or 05 )

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
So...Has anyone ever bought a diesel van sight unseen?
I believe I found a really nice beginning but the fact that it's located half way across the US, I won't be able to get there due to work priorities. If I was buying a newer vehicle with a different type of following/pedigree, such as a sports car or something, I might consider it.
But buying a diesel can 10 years old may be another story. I would want to have it checked out by someone more knowledgeable then say, the salesman.
Thoughts?

Jb1rd

Explorer
There are services that will give it a full inspection, not sure what it's called but google it and I'm sure you will find one then you can Yelp them to see if they are reputable.
So...Has anyone ever bought a diesel van sight unseen?
I believe I found a really nice beginning but the fact that it's located half way across the US, I won't be able to get there due to work priorities. If I was buying a newer vehicle with a different type of following/pedigree, such as a sports car or something, I might consider it.
But buying a diesel can 10 years old may be another story. I would want to have it checked out by someone more knowledgeable then say, the salesman.
Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles