FOUND Vans For Sale!

Billaquiles

I'm selling my 1983 4x4 Ford Van camper conversion ready for anything you can throw at it. Fully insulated, aux battery, new tires, fresh Bilstein shocks, full roof rack and steel bumpers. Just in time to chase powder this winter!

It has Dana 60 rear axle and HD-44 front axle, C-6 transmission (rebuilt 1,000 miles ago) with Derale remote mount trans cooler, NP205 transfer case also rebuilt at same time as transmission. The engine is a 351 with new Holly carb installed a couple hundred miles ago. The engine runs strong with plenty of power to get up big hills without over heating. New 17" wheels and 35" BFG KO2's installed less than 3,000 miles ago with matching spare wheel and tire plus an extra tire for 2nd spare. New Bilstein shocks on all four corners to soak up the bumps.

Within the last year I have upgraded the following items; new front drive shaft, steering stabilizer, spark plug wires, spark plugs, power steering pump, power steering gear box, alternator, radiator, thermostat, starter, fuel pump, and windshield.

The interior is ready to camp. I completely gutted the interior, fully insulated all walls and ceiling with reflectex, 1" foam, spray foam, and poly insulation so it stays warm in winter and cool in the summer heat. There is a vent with fan in rear fan above the bed which allows fresh air to circulate. The ceiling is cedar planks and floor is laminate laid up on insulation and plywood. The interior features a dual bench set up with table that folds down into a kind size bed with plenty of room to get comfortable. This design allows for tons of storage under each bench. The van is equipped with a auxiliary battery to power all interior lights, dual USB outlets, and 12v cigarette socket. The aux battery is equpped with a battery isolator so it allows the alternator to charge the battery but won't slow the accessories to drain the starting battery. The isolator also has a feature to use the house battery to jumpstart yourself if the main battery is dead.

Large roof rack and cargo box with plenty of space to strap down surfboards or more gear. ARB awning for easy shade when camping.

You can reach me at - (626)419-028four

I'm asking $14,500 obo, make me a reasonable offer. I have much more than that invested in this project but it's time for it to go.

Van 3.jpgVan 2.jpgVan 1.jpgVan 4.jpgVan Interior.jpgVan Bed.jpgVan 5.jpgVan 6.jpg

speedtre

Explorer
4x4 Chevy 350

No affiliation...

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/4x4-van-chevy-small-block-350/6349599574.html

01717_5KkMGSSZRMA_1200x900.jpg

Deshet

Adventurer
Another, not mine and no affiliation. But a unique specimen and local to me.

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/d/mitsubishi-delica-4x4-glx/6369013349.html

They look really cool in person but the markup for a 25-year vehicle seems excessive. They are supposed to be a Pajero or Montero with a Van body. They can be imported from Japan for under 10,000 shipped but I wonder who buyes these. I guess they are an alternative for the Vanagon crowd. I can't think of many 1991s that I would spend $12,000 on. (a Diablo or NSX of course) I guess people don't know that Japan is made up of a bunch of islands surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, rust is an issue. Nearly all of the adult males smoke. Finding parts for American made 25 year cars can be diffcult let alone something that wasn't available in the USA.

The Van life craze has everything inflated. The Japanese are going to export as many as they can to this country and I think that this is a lose lose as we start to get too many of them. In earlier 2000 a friend was stationed in Japan and drove a $2000 twin turbo skyline. That car is now going for $20,000 in the states.

I would like to see some of the Germany 4x4 vans imported. At least they are larger and they have vans built more like trucks.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
You can always go to Canada and buy one for $5k or less… and if you buy a 1992 and wait a year even cheaper. :)

Abitibi

Explorer
I had a few of those vans. Never had issues with rust or smoke smell. Same for my Pajero and my Patrol. All mine looked and felt like a brand new truck. And I'm not the exception either... Japanese use them for wknd getaway or grocery getter. Just got to be diligent when shopping for one.

Heres a picture of my 1st one. Really good van, just a little underpowered.
504ef514d6201a9c06e5bbaf01ea04bf.jpg

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
I had a few of those vans. Never had issues with rust or smoke smell. Same for my Pajero and my Patrol. All mine looked and felt like a brand new truck. And I'm not the exception either... Japanese use them for wknd getaway or grocery getter. Just got to be diligent when shopping for one.

Heres a picture of my 1st one. Really good van, just a little underpowered.
504ef514d6201a9c06e5bbaf01ea04bf.jpg

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

There are a number of these kicking around, as well as Astro vans from Japan. All the ones that I have seen are in perfect condition, no rust , no smell and they look new inside and out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles