FOUND Vans For Sale!

eporter

Adventurer
Box truck RV project. Anyone on here seen it before? Seems like a great starting point. I'd try to get the 100lb propane tank off the back bumper, though...

1994 Ford E350 1 Ton Van Diesel - $3800

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/6019058590.html

exp1.JPG

exp2.JPG

"1994 Ford diesel 7.3L former Uhaul box re-purposed as a recreational vehicle.
Could be a food cart! Hot dog cart!
Excellent UHaul records. Out of service in 2007.

180xxx miles
Automatic transmission
Air conditioning
FM/AM radio
Velour Captain seats
Box is 8 x 17 feet

I got it last year ... Before that the man who bought it from UHaul replaced the roll-up door and put in a RV door with screen in place

I had the brakes done. The diesel is strong. There are 180xxx miles. I've changed the oil, put in two new batteries (Interstate), replaced the serpentine belt, replaced the fuel filter, and done the service. The lights all work as designed. I had the instrument cluster rebuilt and replaced. This is a safe vehicle to drive and I would not hesitate to drive it cross country.

The RV is 90% done.
The RV has:
10k BTU Propane hot water heater
6k BTU Propane space heater
12k BTU camper stove (3 burner) and oven
100 # propane tank mounted to the rear bumper
Microwave
.08 amp Refrigerator/freezer
RV inverter/converter (takes shore power and runs items and charges batteries)
2000W Power inverter (take battery power to run items in the RV)
135W Solar panel (charges RV batteries/runs items)
2 RV/Marine grade 12V batteries mounted in tandem
LED lights through out the RV
Kitchen sink and water
20 gallon fresh water tank
35 gallon grey water tank
12V water pump on switch
Shower stall with water
Camper toilet (porta-potty)
Chairs x2
Kitchen cabinet
Table and storage cabinet
Mirror
13" flat screen digital TV with DVD player and remote
TV mounted to wall on movable mount
TV has antenna (Magic Stick) which is permanently mounted (gets 30+ channels where I am)
Queen sleeping area with queen mattress in place
3 opening windows in RV
Curtains for windows
2 Roof vents

The RV is well insulated. During the last snow storm the heater kept it relatively warm.
The RV is wired for an air conditioner but I have not installed one. There is place, but I haven't done it.

The floors are wood and are above the metal box. This makes it cozy. I have tiles to be installed but have not done that.

The exterior is OK.... If I was keeping it, I'd pay it to be "wrapped" with like a camo scene, but I'm not doing it.

I'm selling it because of a divorce."

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
^ that Uhaul looks like EXACTLY the car you would want if you were getting divorced...

I lived in a Scamp trailer for a year while divorcing my first wife- I could ****-shower-shave-cook an egg, and watch the ball game at the same time without moving my feet. Good times.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
Rocker Rust.jpgrust #1.jpgrust#2.jpgrust#3.jpglots of rust on this one, I talked to him a bit and was interested in a second van until I saw the rust.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
I'm curious as to who did the conversion and there must be something going on if it's selling like that.

It was a home swap as I almost bought it from the guy who did the 4x4 swap. It was for sale for $4500.00 and still needed the front drive line and transfer case in… But had the Dana 40 in the front and was ready for the rest. I took it for a test drive and it drove like crap and the steering wheel was at about 180 to go straight. Needed some love, then someone from Bend, Oregon bought it finished the conversion and put it up for sale, at that point a buddy of mine in Bend almost bought it. Now it's for sale in PDX. Looks like they had to put a new engine in it too.

Jsweezy I wanna know when your gonna get a new van? Great to see you doing work with MG! Cheers ~ Mark

Jsweezy

Explorer
It was a home swap as I almost bought it from the guy who did the 4x4 swap. It was for sale for $4500.00 and still needed the front drive line and transfer case in… But had the Dana 40 in the front and was ready for the rest. I took it for a test drive and it drove like crap and the steering wheel was at about 180 to go straight. Needed some love, then someone from Bend, Oregon bought it finished the conversion and put it up for sale, at that point a buddy of mine in Bend almost bought it. Now it's for sale in PDX. Looks like they had to put a new engine in it too.

Jsweezy I wanna know when your gonna get a new van? Great to see you doing work with MG! Cheers ~ Mark

Geez, almost too many hands involved in this one.

Ha ha don't worry it will be soon and thanks, it's been fun!

Jb1rd

Explorer
Mine

After much back and forth this is it, she has to go, I am willing to work with a buyer and have options available as far as selling "as-is" or facilitating a build out (at the new owners expense) Our time line for leaving the country just got moved up and I have to much on my plate to dos anything else. Not listed on the CL ad is the at the asking price I have close to $10k in high end audio equipment that I will let go with it; Focal, Audison, Audio Frog, Hertz. I think the price is reasonable for what I have seen out there and of course offers are welcome.
https://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/6039600030.html

Deshet

Adventurer
I have a 2008 Chevy Express 1500 5.3 AWD plain white Cargo Van 160,000 miles. It was a former City Owned unit. How much is a good asking price? It is in good condition and everything works but did not get washed and waxed every weekend either.

Thanks

zuke

Adventurer
I have a 2008 Chevy Express 1500 5.3 AWD plain white Cargo Van 160,000 miles. It was a former City Owned unit. How much is a good asking price? It is in good condition and everything works but did not get washed and waxed every weekend either.

Thanks

I'll take a guess and say about $5000~$6000, if it was actually owned by Virginia Beach, and run out along route 60 alot, I'd check it over very carefully for rust...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online