FOUND Vans For Sale!

eporter

Adventurer
Digging the wood interior on this one.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/rvs/6015592674.html

"We're reluctantly selling our beautiful, custom 2000 Chevrolet 3500 hightop converted cargo van and we're looking for the right new home for this home on wheels.

This is a fully off-grid, beautiful tiny house within a hightop cargo van, formerly owned by the state of Arizona. The van itself is in great shape with incredibly low miles. It was fleet-maintained and has been regularly serviced. We purchased the van from the engineer who built out the interior and had it fully inspected and the mechanic passed it with flying colors. Since then we've fully serviced the brakes, put in new shocks, had an brand new A.C. system installed and performed other upgrades to make it even better."

00e0e_lNm2CdVnraI_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_1BI8PXhFB06_1200x900.jpg

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
Digging the wood interior on this one.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/rvs/6015592674.html

"We're reluctantly selling our beautiful, custom 2000 Chevrolet 3500 hightop converted cargo van and we're looking for the right new home for this home on wheels.

This is a fully off-grid, beautiful tiny house within a hightop cargo van, formerly owned by the state of Arizona. The van itself is in great shape with incredibly low miles. It was fleet-maintained and has been regularly serviced. We purchased the van from the engineer who built out the interior and had it fully inspected and the mechanic passed it with flying colors. Since then we've fully serviced the brakes, put in new shocks, had an brand new A.C. system installed and performed other upgrades to make it even better."

View attachment 387890

View attachment 387891

I'm sure a lot of work went into building that.
But $30k???
:Wow1:

I'm sure a lot of work went into building that.
But $30k???
:Wow1:

I'd rather pay $30k for that than $13.5k for the 7.3 posted just above. I think $30k is rather fair for a turnkey rig with less than 100k miles, a full build out, lots of goodies, new tires and electrical system. Especially with all that woodwork. If that's your thing. As philos said, heavy, noisy and squeaky. If that said "Sportsmobile" on the side it would be $50k.

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
I'd rather pay $30k for that than $13.5k for the 7.3 posted just above. I think $30k is rather fair for a turnkey rig with less than 100k miles, a full build out, lots of goodies, new tires and electrical system. Especially with all that woodwork. If that's your thing. As philos said, heavy, noisy and squeaky. If that said "Sportsmobile" on the side it would be $50k.

Agreed on the other 7.3, too high of asking for something with 300k.

But on the woody is see a 18 year old van that may go for 5-6k if it wasn't converted. So you are paying 25k for the interior conversion in a 2wd pre LS van. Not my cup of tea but I'm sure there is someone out that wants the #vanlife and it is perfect for them.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Is Quigley generally considered better than Pathfinder? Seems like Quigley has a bad rap as a lot of folks de-Quiglify their vans, no?

My bad- more likely you're right than my poor assumption, just based my comment on some of the Pathfinder/radial arm suspension threads on here and the general acceptance of Quigley as a superior conversion- I assumed it was a leaf spring.

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
Is Quigley generally considered better than Pathfinder? Seems like Quigley has a bad rap as a lot of folks de-Quiglify their vans, no?

I've not seen anything on any of that and I was specifically referring to the radial arm suspension specifically as applied by Pathfinder (versus front leaf springs)- my van is a Pathfinder which is the only reason I've seen any of that discussion.
-
We're wayyy of topic for this thread, we should let this course of topic end here, but no reason not to search or post another thread on your question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles