donaldcon

Adventurer
Only 1 corner of rust shown, I'd be curious as to what it looks like underneath

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

eporter

Adventurer
E-350 4x4 Diesel Van project -$6500
https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5877117418.html

Body swap in progress, just needs finishing. Does this belong to anyone on here? Looks like a lotta bang for the buck.

exp1.JPG

"We no longer have interest in the project as we happened upon a different van altogether, and have now committed all of our time and energy to the new build.

1993 E350 quigley 4x4, 7.3 N/A diesel, 116k original miles. Dana 60 front, Dana 70 rear, factory 4.10 gears. For those of you not familiar, The IDI is the predecessor to the powerstroke, and IMO the most reliable diesel ford ever had. If you've never driven a low mileage IDI, they are very good motors, with excellent economy and excellent power.

This one was purchased in West Virginia in 2009 and driven to Washington state, where it was parked until I rescued it early this year. The original body was rusty so we replaced with a 1997 body. The 1997 donor body is in good shape too. We actually drove it for several thousand miles before the teardown.

The list of bonuses is long:

Ford Reman E4OD trans in 2009
Ford reman BW1356 transfer case 2009
Ford Reman injector pump 2009
New exhaust 2009

Undermy ownership:
OEM gear reduction starter, water pump, etc) 2016
OEM Glow plugs and GP relay 2016
Rebuilt Leece-Neville 160 amp HD alternator 2016
All new hoses and fuel lines 2016
Fuel tank cleaned 2016
All new Body mounts 2016
Many other parts new in box.

Currently, this is a project. It is not a driving van. Though the engine can be started for serious buyers. The body needs connected to chassis. it is currently just sitting on the chassis. It needs wired and bolted together. The Brake parts should be replaced from sitting too long. The bulk of the work has been done, its a matter of assembly from here. The truck has been stored inside my shop ever since I bought it.

The Motor is all mechanical, and Will make someone a very reliable and economical 4x4 E series. We anticipated 15-18mpg from this truck."

eporter

Adventurer
1984 4x4 E350 6.9L Diesel RV

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvs/5881472648.html

"at this point the van is a project. Brakes are soft, i removed the shocks, sliding door needs work. Good thing is it's a shorty 18ft 1 ton Ford with an original 6.9 International Harvester non-turbo v8, runs good, has new starter, new power steering pump, new water pump + belts + hoses, new glow plugs.
3 speed automatic transmission. 3.55 gears. up to 15mpg.

4x4 conversion done in 80s by Advanced Four Wheel Drive Systems in Utah. Dana 44 8 lug front, dana 60 rear, All terrain 31in tires.

Interior is pretty much gutted, mostly insulated, bare metal floor. I have been using the van for furniture delivery. Photos are coming. Have some extra parts, non installed (50 gal alum diesel tank, 50 gal water tank + filter, 12gal grey water tank, winch bumper.

$7000 obo trade for smaller OLDer 4x4, smaller van (full size is good), down payment on rural undeveloped land, cash is always good. Price will go up as I start fixing the van"

exp1.jpg

eporter

Adventurer
Classic 1974 4x4 Champion RV - $2500

Funky looking rig. The front is just like the back! Needs engine rebuild/work. Guess it's built on a Dodge chassis? Farily cheap though.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/rvs/5853722896.html

"TIt has 26k oringinal miles and is a 360 V8. KW Onan Generator, large propane tank, like new, automatic transmission+ 2 peed, 4x4 trans. case, 1 ton chassis. very rare, A/C, New tires and rims, brand new awning!, extra gas tank, dual battery, 3 way fridge, toilet/shower,. Roof newly coated and sealed. It was running well, with 26,000 miles on it but it broke down last week. It needs a head gasket, and it now has a cracked cylinder. Jeff at Car Help can give you the details on that. Everything works on it (except the engine of course). I just had a new awning put on it that was over $800. It is a 4x4 and can go anywhere so its great for off road camping and hunting etc. It sleeps 6... however 2 of those would need to be children. Its all original except for the added air conditioner in the roof... original carpet, upholstery etc for those who like that sort of thing. Bonus: 8 track player lol. I can give you more details if you call"

exp1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier