fuel: gas
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

safety tips
prohibited items
product recalls
avoiding scams
This is a Ford triton v10 for sale. Maintenance has been kept flawless on this van.

Currently it is set up with a ton of storage like over head cubbies and rails to fit all your stuff!
-Always been perfectly maintained and runs better than any other car on Craigslist

-Also has kennels which can be used as storage or perfect for dog owners, ontop of the kennel is a perfect bed!

-All locks And Windows are automatic and has all luxury options. Comes with a great stereo and speaker!

-This is the perfect vehicle for towing!

*The stickers have been removed updated pictures will be up soon*

This one is gone. He said it sold in 3 hours.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

As for buying a used van, allow me to advise.
Start with the cleanest, original owned van with no damm rust. (I get upset about rust) with service records.
I'm on my fourth van right now and the cheapest, best, cleanest, most mpg, easy maintaining, enjoyable E350 was the one I bought from the original owner with 750,000 miles.
I'd still be driving it right now if the problems wasn't mis-diagnosed incorrectly 4 times.
I've had a 2005 V10 that was extremely clean, purchased with 49,750 miles for a reasonable price. But in the end I repaired, replaced ao much that it exceeded the cost of buying it. It was from the technically 2nd owner but no service paperwork.
The 2003 7.3 I had was an average van (all options) 7.3 PSD 230K miles and I had zero issues with it for 30K miles. But I just hated the color and there was just enough rust to piss me off, sold it for a acceptable profit.

In the end of my advice /rant...
Hands on inspection with a very knowledgeable mechanic.
Orginal owner who shows a love for the vehicle they are selling.
And do not comprise. If it's not right pass in it and keep searching.

BECAUSE I see so many people sink a metric ******** of $$$, $$$ in to these vans (I'm guilty too) to only be as good as the base your built off.
Slapping money on a turd is just a turd underneath.
Do yourself (everyone) and purchase wisely.

Last edited:

ihatemybike

Explorer
Start with the cleanest, original owned van with no damm rust. (I get upset about rust) with service records.
This is why I traveled to Idaho when I bought Gandalf. Most Astros in the Chicagoland area have significant hidden rust.

Since Astros are getting up there in age, my daily driver being 11 years old, I simply can't buy used in the rust belt anymore.

Big chance is the future I'll be doing 2WD to AWD/4x4 conversions myself to stay in them.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131889575701

2006 E-350 Quadvan with 80k, needs injectors replaced

Seeing this made me wonder how much it costs to replace the injectors on the E350 6.0? I know the injectors themselves are close to $2k, but how much of a PITA is it? I have to imagine it is not a fun job.

Nm3EOex.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I wouldn't do it without a body removal or engine coming out the front. And if you're going that deep....... head gaskets, studs, etc.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I wouldn't do it without a body removal or engine coming out the front. And if you're going that deep....... head gaskets, studs, etc.

Yeah I was thinking it was major surgery. More just curiosity on my part - at least the seller is doing the right thing and disclosing the problem, but that's a hard sale.

So which is easier, body off the top or engine out the front? Or just depend if you have a lift or not?

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
As for a body off, it depends on the interior. How easily and quickly can the body to frame bolts can be accessed.
In my case I'll be pulling the motor from the front due to my interior design (ugh) also a huge time constraint.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
On a truck you're looking at about a $4k bill doing quality injectors, and not much else. Cab off on that model year truck is 2-3 hrs depending on the tech. Not sure what you're looking at on the van in order to do the job, but up above should give you a baseline.

And like Chris said, once that deep. Gaskets, studs, etc and I'll add egr delete, oil cooler upgrade, and might even go so far as to say a head rebuild. Shouldn't need it at 80k, but it's out. For me it would depend on long term plans. Keep it most of forever, or play with it awhile and send it on its way?

This is one of the reasons I advise folks to shy away from the 6.x series of Ford diesels unless they really really NEED it. They CAN be made durable, but they WILL break, everything does. And when they do they are ridonculously expensive to repair.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Recently I read somewhere a guy did a lot to his 6.0 and was still unsure about the reliability...

I'd very happily own a 2005+ V10 over a 6.0...
But prefer my 7.3!

lockedwheels

Adventurer
I owned a 6.0 (pickup). I studded the heads, all new injectors, coolant filter/flush. EGR delete, new SCT fitting. The works!!! It should have been bulletproofed. Still had issues with it. I miss the truck because it towed great and hauled but I don't think I will ever buy a 6.0 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles